How stacked is the 2023 basketball class in NKY?

nkyguy

Some interesting names being tossed around in this thread...I'm not sure everyone is being completely objective, to be honest. No, I'm not going to call any kids' names out as being over-hyped, they are 8th graders for goodness sakes, but I have seen these kids since they were little and a couple of these names are making me smirk a little.

Boyd from Beechwood is really good, for the record, and is a nice kid.

Some other names that at least deserve to be mentioned: the Bennett kid from Walton Verona has a great shooting touch from deep. Great range. Needs to fill out and get a step quicker, but in terms of a squared up three ball, he is high on the list in this class. The Fedders kid at St. Henry has really improved and obviously has great size. He is a completely different kid than he was last year. Wynn Tranter at St. Pius is very nice.

The Hamilton and Campbell kids at Conner are both really, really good.

The point guard at Mason Co., #23 I believe, whose name is escaping me, is very nice. Great size already, which helps.

The Hamilton kid at Campbell is really, really good.

Love Matty Dreas at St. Cecilia, hard working kid, hasn't grown yet, and basketball is definitely his 2nd sport. Plays with the least amount of quality kids around him of anyone mentioned in this thread, too, which makes it hard to judge.

The Ravenscraft kid at St. Paul is really good too, good handle for his size, but he strikes me as one of the kids that may be closer to the end of his growing years than the beginning.

Size at this age, whether or not you have hit a "growth spurt" yet or not, is a real factor. There are a few kids around the region that do a lot right, they just haven't grown yet, and you see them leaving with their six foot dads and you figure they have a pop coming. That will change a lot.

I also like the big kid in the middle at Summit View, great shoulders and width at such a young age, and can deck it on the slower-footed bigs that come out to challenge him.