Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati Reds Offseason

Featured Replies

I don’t have the link but it’s what I read yesterday in that article your talking about. I couldn’t get it to link so I typed it as close as I could remember. I would love to see us land Kluber and Pollock somehow.

  • Replies 220
  • Views 37.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sonny Gray could be a Red soon according to reports.

One possible delay in announcement of #Reds ’ trade for #Yankees ’ Sonny Gray, which @jonHeyman said yesterday was being finalized: The Reds might be trying to sign Gray to an extension as part of deal. Have not confirmed this is under discussion, but would make sense . . .

One possible delay in announcement of #Reds ’ trade for #Yankees ’ Sonny Gray, which @jonHeyman said yesterday was being finalized: The Reds might be trying to sign Gray to an extension as part of deal. Have not confirmed this is under discussion, but would make sense . . .

 

That would definitely help.

That would definitely help.

 

Let’s hope. Gray was brutal in a hitters ballpark last year but good on the road.

Let’s hope. Gray was brutal in a hitters ballpark last year but good on the road.

 

Some mentioned some differences in pitching strategies with the Yanks staff and pairing him with his old college coach could bring him back to what he was.

Let’s hope. Gray was brutal in a hitters ballpark last year but good on the road.

 

At $7 million he's worth the gamble. He could be a good number 3 if he returns to form.

According to Ken Rosenthal, a deal could come together, if they sign him to an extension or not.

 

I'm not a Reds fan but it's good to see management doing some dealings. Something they've needed for a long time now.

Shed Long apparently one of the players being named in possible trade for Gray. Obviously there'd be someone else too, but I'm not opposed to letting him go. There's already a log jam at second base.

Sounding like it's Long & the sandwich pick in the upcoming draft (somewhere in the 35-38 range) for Gray. Supposedly it could change slightly depending on whether or not they're successful in extending Gray.

 

If they can extend him, I like the deal.

@jonHeyman about 14 mins ago:

 

No deal done yet but there seems to be some optimism the Reds will be able to extend Sonny Gray and get this long-running trade completed. If not, Yanks may look elsewhere for deal.

Lance McCalister just retweeted someone named Jeff Passan:

 

Sonny Gray has been traded to the Cincinnati Reds, a source familiar with the deal tells ESPN.

I think Gray is worth the risk. We didn’t give up any major prospects and there’s hope that he can keep the ball in the park.

I have to admit that this is the most excited I have been about the Reds in quite some time. They are definitely trying to compete. I am curious to see if they still try to get Kluber now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.