February 13, 20197 yr Realmuto is the best catcher in the game. Tucker is probably 15-16th best. So an incredibly large gap. Based on WAR Barnhart ranked #6 among catchers in 2018. Realmuto was #1. No dog in the fight here, but thought that info was worth sharing. Realmuto's WAR of 4.8 over Barnhart's 1.1 says more about them than the ranking I believe, but to have Barnhart ranked 15-16th best is crazy. He is better than that.
February 13, 20197 yr Based on WAR Barnhart ranked #6 among catchers in 2018. Realmuto was #1. No dog in the fight here, but thought that info was worth sharing. Realmuto's WAR of 4.8 over Barnhart's 1.1 says more about them than the ranking I believe, but to have Barnhart ranked 15-16th best is crazy. He is better than that. He's not. I was using Fangraphs analysis. It takes the past 3 seasons for each player and uses that to analyze players. Realmuto is #1. Tucker comes in at #15. I'll find the link.
February 13, 20197 yr Catcher Rankings from 2016-2018 That makes a lot more sense. I was looking at 2018 alone. That would rank Realmuto much higher. Barnhart has admittedly done some improving, which would skew his 2018 stats compared to overall as well. I was using the same site, just different settings. Major League Leaderboards >> 2
February 14, 20197 yr Wore a Reds shirt today because I'm just excited about the season getting closer. Now everyone in the office thinks I care about Valentine's Day. Wish I would have just wore it tomorrow.
February 14, 20197 yr Wore a Reds shirt today because I'm just excited about the season getting closer. Now everyone in the office thinks I care about Valentine's Day. Wish I would have just wore it tomorrow. :lol2:
February 14, 20197 yr The four best words every winter are.................................................................................pitchers and catchers report!!!!! The end of winter is at least in our sights!
February 18, 20197 yr Sounds like the Reds are going to sign Derek Dietrich. He'll be a good bat off the bench and can fill in all over the place if needed to cover a short term injury. He's not good defensively at any of them but he can play 2B, 1B, 3B, LF and RF. Solid pickup. Reds To Sign Derek Dietrich - MLB Trade Rumors
February 18, 20197 yr Sounds like the Reds are going to sign Derek Dietrich. He'll be a good bat off the bench and can fill in all over the place if needed to cover a short term injury. He's not good defensively at any of them but he can play 2B, 1B, 3B, LF and RF. Solid pickup. Reds To Sign Derek Dietrich - MLB Trade Rumors Ehhhh. I can't get excited about this one. Just can't see him getting that many AB's, without there being an injury. You're not going to pinch hit for Votto or Suarez, and the outfield is already cramped to begin with. So, that leaves 2B. If he was a RH batter, you could maybe see a switch for Scooter in certain situations...but, not as another lefty.
February 18, 20197 yr Ehhhh. I can't get excited about this one. Just can't see him getting that many AB's, without there being an injury. You're not going to pinch hit for Votto or Suarez, and the outfield is already cramped to begin with. So, that leaves 2B. If he was a RH batter, you could maybe see a switch for Scooter in certain situations...but, not as another lefty. If they only carry 12 position players as expected they'd only have Schebler as a lefty off the bench. Even if they go with 13 you figure Casali, Blandino, Trahan, Ervin, Schebler/Kemp and Dietrich are the candidates for the bench. Only Schebler and Dietrich are LHs.
February 19, 20197 yr Don’t know why they did not go after Josh Harrison. Local guy, can play anywhere, hits well here and can lead off when in lineup.
February 19, 20197 yr Don’t know why they did not go after Josh Harrison. Local guy, can play anywhere, hits well here and can lead off when in lineup. Bats right handed.
February 19, 20197 yr Don’t know why they did not go after Josh Harrison. Local guy, can play anywhere, hits well here and can lead off when in lineup. Because he wouldn’t sign somewhere to be a utility guy who wasn’t in the lineup every day.
February 20, 20197 yr Don’t know why they did not go after Josh Harrison. Local guy, can play anywhere, hits well here and can lead off when in lineup. Because he wouldn’t sign somewhere to be a utility guy who wasn’t in the lineup every day. Just saw he's expected to sign a one-year deal with the Tigers.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.