Cincinnati Reds Offseason

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm the only one that thinks Sanchez and/or Fiers would be solid additions?

Sanchez is good if healthy. I'd be all for it, but they need a serious #1. Those guys are getting them to the playoffs with a big addition.

I agree on being solid additions, especially Sanchez. I'm very hung up on all the talk about Keuchel, etc. Makes it hard to settle on these guys.

It depends on how much you like to gamble and whether they will sign one year deals. Sanchez ERA the last 4 seasons: 4.99, 5.87, 6.41, 2.83. Fiers ERA the last 3 years: 4.48, 5.22, 3.56. Did these guys suddenly discover something in their mid-30s or was last season an aberration? Fiers is particularly risky. He gave up 32 homers last season pitching in Oakland and Detroit. He'd likely surpass 40 in Great American Small Park. His FIP was 4.93 and that's probably closer to what you'd be getting. I'd stay away from Fiers completely and only offer Sanchez a 1 year deal with a club option.

Red Reporter

@Redreporter

16h16 hours ago

More

Here's some fun with a) how wishy-washy WAR calculations can be and b) just how bad Reds pitching has been for awhile now.

Since the start of the 2016 season:

- Tanner Roark: 9.8 bWAR

- the entire Cincinnati Reds pitching staff: 9.2 fWAR

. Y'all acted like it is a given that he'll slot in as a back of the rotation innings eater. .

No, I just commented on the type of pitcher Roark is, no matter what team he pitches for. He's a #4 or 5 type pitcher. You're the one that tried to change things around.

As much as I'd hate to lose both of them, I've said all along I'd trade any two prospects to land Kluber or Thor, so I'd do it. Now obviously they'd need to go out and spend some money on a CF and another SP to make it worth while.

I believe they'd get 3 years of control with Kluber.

• 4 weeks later...

1. Sign AJ Pollock

2. Go ahead and pull the trigger on Sonny Gray

3. Trade Scooter, Schebler, Trammell, Santillan to Indians for Kluber

4. Stenzell to start at 2nd

What does everyone think of this happening before the next year? I saw this on a baseball site, and thought it was solid. Offensively we would be a hard out all down the lineup.

1. Kluber

2. Gray

3. Wood

4. Roark

5. Castillo

A big upgrade in my opinion. Thoughts??

1. Sign AJ Pollock

2. Go ahead and pull the trigger on Sonny Gray

3. Trade Scooter, Schebler, Trammell, Santillan to Indians for Kluber

4. Stenzell to start at 2nd

What does everyone think of this happening before the next year? I saw this on a baseball site, and thought it was solid. Offensively we would be a hard out all down the lineup.

1. Kluber

2. Gray

3. Wood

4. Roark

5. Castillo

A big upgrade in my opinion. Thoughts??

That sounds like the strategy that was posted online by a baseball writer yesterday and was being talked about on sports talk radio. Do you have a link to the article?