Cincinnati Reds Offseason

Twitter has been a pretty comical place to be since the Realmuto and Barnhart talk started. I always love the fans that hang onto a solid year or two and think they know more about the situation than the guys paid the big bucks to do it (even though sometimes we might).

Bottom line, Realmuto is one of the best in the game. Barnhart is a great defensive catcher, but Realmuto would be an all around improvement. The one gripe we've all had with this team is the lack of attempts at improvement. If you want to be a contender you look and listen to all possibilities of improving your team, even if you have a gold glove fan favorite at a position already.

If you can pull Realmuto to Cincy without breaking the prospect bank and then spin Barnhart to LA (who needs a catcher badly) for Puig and Wood, you absolutely do it! Wood is an upgrade in the rotation and adding Puig to play in the small CF at GABP is an upgrade as well. Realmuto and Puig added to this lineup is great too. Yes the Reds were good offensively, but two more solid bats provide that much more protection for Suarez and Votto, things a lot of fans never think about. It also allows Winker to go back to what he is most comfortable with which is being a high batting average and below average power hitter.

The other thing I love about all the talk is Realmuto is only controlled 2 more years, and Puig and Wood are only through this year. Why do I love that? It means the Reds would be going after right now. No more farting around talking about potential and next year, not to mention I think you have a real chance of locking up Realmuto and Puig longterm. Puig will love hitting at GABP and Realmuto could see the win now mentality in Cincy and the trust in building a revamped pitching staff around him.

It is being said that it is Kemp and Wood, not Puig and Wood in the trade talks with the Reds. However, in that deal the Dodgers would take Bailey's contract because it would save them money against the luxury tax.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jared Hughes

Verified account

@locatejared

22h22 hours ago

More

Replying to @Reds

“Just go after hitters and just attack, attack, attack.”

...I read this 20 mins ago and now I’m in full uniform lifting weights. Let’s do this! #2019

It's exciting to see players on this team excited about an acquisition.

So you admit Roark is a #4 or #5, yet you had issue with us saying he was a back of rotation arm? Interesting....

I said he was a #2 on the Reds. Big difference in where he stands in that rotation and where he would be on a good staff. Didn't I say: Until, and unless, the Reds make a big move he's their #2? In pretty sure I did. Y'all acted like it is a given that he'll slot in as a back of the rotation innings eater. That's far from a given with this front office. It won't be a shocker at all if he and say, Wade Miley are the big additions this offseason.

Ramos signing by the Mets leaves Marlins with 1 less place to put Realmuto according to MLB.com. Dodgers are involved / interested which would kill the Reds / Dodgers rumors involving Tucker.

Article said Dodgers gave $17.9M qualifying offer to Grandal and he rejected it. A - why would the Dodgers do that? B - why would Grandal do that? Ramos just signed a 2 yrs. deal for about the same price so I'm guessing that Grandal couldn't get the prior $ from the Dodgers now if he wanted to.

Did anyone really think they were going to get one of the big FA SP? Only hope is via trade.

Kinda where I'm at. It's exciting as a fan to hear Castellini say he's going to open the pocket book and #getthepicthing , but in reality we all knew how it would go, unfortunately.

It doesn't help get pitchers here that GABP gives up more Dingers than the Softball City Sports Complex. Pitchers know they better get the money now when they sign here because a good chance they leave with a 4.00+ ERA over their tenure in Cincy thus less bargaining power on the next contract.