Cincinnati Reds Offseason

Will Senzel be up full time this year after the two week wait for service time to begin the season?

Is Trammell going to be part of the MLB plan for this season?

I think it will be a bit longer for Senzel because of his injury this year. Maybe if he kills it in spring training. Trammell is probably 2020.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting....

Wick Terrell

‏ @wickterrell

7m7 minutes ago

Know who spent a ton of time working with current free agent CF AJ Pollock from AA on up to the DBacks?

New Reds hitting coach Turner Ward.

I love Pollock but man he gets hurt a lot and I mean major injuries.

I wonder if the Reds could build a package centered around Nick Senzel that would be capable of prying Syndergaard or Wheeler away from the Mets?

You do something like that, and are able to land either Keuchel or Corbin and this team is immediately thrust into the playoff hunt IMO.

Per Jon Heyman at Fancred Sports:

Cincinnati Reds

— The Reds have been talking to the Mariners about James Paxton, the Indians about their pitching (primarily Corey Kluber and Carlos Carrasco) and the Yankees about Sonny Gray. The prospects teams are focusing on are pitcher Hunter Greene, outfielder Taylor Trammell and infielder Nick Senzel. Paxton and Gray are the main focus at present. The Reds know they need pitching but are a bit leery about trading top prospects again. They have been burned a few times in recent years trading prospects for established players, most notably in the trade for Mat Latos with the Padres in which they gave up four prospects, including Yasmani Grandal. Gray may be a better alternative if they want to limit the prospect pain, though several teams are involved for him …

You can see his take on the rest of the league here.

Per Jon Heyman at Fancred Sports:

Cincinnati Reds

— The Reds have been talking to the Mariners about James Paxton, the Indians about their pitching (primarily Corey Kluber and Carlos Carrasco) and the Yankees about Sonny Gray. The prospects teams are focusing on are pitcher Hunter Greene, outfielder Taylor Trammell and infielder Nick Senzel. Paxton and Gray are the main focus at present. The Reds know they need pitching but are a bit leery about trading top prospects again. They have been burned a few times in recent years trading prospects for established players, most notably in the trade for Mat Latos with the Padres in which they gave up four prospects, including Yasmani Grandal. Gray may be a better alternative if they want to limit the prospect pain, though several teams are involved for him …

You can see his take on the rest of the league here.

Not sure I would say the Reds got burned on the Latos trade. They got some really good years out of him and then flipped him for Disco.