McCarron back to Bengals? - Signed with the Oakland Raiders

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Dalton is a much better QB then AJ McCarron.

To be fair Dalton has looked bad any time there has been injuries to Green, or when he doesnt have top playmakers around him. Just look at his 2014 numbers when Green missed a lot of games. For the majority of Daltons time here he has had good receivers to throw to. And besides the last 2 seasons a good line too.

Put him in Buffalo right now with their rebuilt line, and playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers. Chances are we see Dalton have his 2.4 rating game like he did in a game even when he had Green.

When it comes to offensive talent around him. Dalton has been the most fortunate qb in Bengal history. His small sample size when he doesnt have guys like Green and all things around him being good isnt the best. So who knows where Dalton would be if he had landed on a team without much weapons around him. The small sample size shows not that well.

To be fair Dalton has looked bad any time there has been injuries to Green, or when he doesnt have top playmakers around him. Just look at his 2014 numbers when Green missed a lot of games. For the majority of Daltons time here he has had good receivers to throw to. And besides the last 2 seasons a good line too.

Put him in Buffalo right now with their rebuilt line, and playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers. Chances are we see Dalton have his 2.4 rating game like he did in a game even when he had Green.

When it comes to offensive talent around him. Dalton has been the most fortunate qb in Bengal history. His small sample size when he doesnt have guys like Green and all things around him being good isnt the best. So who knows where Dalton would be if he had landed on a team without much weapons around him. The small sample size shows not that well.

He lost the QB battle against:

The least NFL ready top QB prospect

And

A man who's only professional experience involved him throwing 5 picks in 1 half

Maybe hes not good.

He lost the QB battle against:

The least NFL ready top QB prospect

And

A man who's only professional experience involved him throwing 5 picks in 1 half

Maybe hes not good.

He lost a qb battle after he was starting the game and got hurt. Originally thinking it was a season ending injury. Even though it ended up not being one. He missed a well of action waiting for his shoulder to heal so he can throw.

Also horrible example using a rookie QB throwing a lot of picks as proof as being bad. Peyton manning turned out ok after throwing a crap ton his rookie season. So not exactly a strong statement there. You are better than that. At least use something better lol.

He lost a qb battle after he was starting the game and got hurt. Originally thinking it was a season ending injury. Even though it ended up not being one. He missed a well of action waiting for his shoulder to heal so he can throw.

Also horrible example using a rookie QB throwing a lot of picks as proof as being bad. Peyton manning turned out ok after throwing a crap ton his rookie season. So not exactly a strong statement there. You are better than that. At least use something better lol.

I cant believe you are even defending him. He's not good. Using Buffalo is the perfect example. That QB job should have been easy to win. Literally no excuse to lose it. Accept he's bad and move on.

I cant believe you are even defending him. He's not good. Using Buffalo is the perfect example. That QB job should have been easy to win. Literally no excuse to lose it. Accept he's bad and move on.

What exactly does it prove. Would you like me to go back and find post for you where I clearly say McCarron like Dalton needs a lot around him to do well? Would you like me to go back and share post with you where I also clearly state that I think Dalton would most likely be a backup qb in this league if he didn't fall into a great situation. Where most of his career he has had a lot of talent around him. Especially when we have seen how much he has struggled when he doesnt have that around him?

My opinion on McCarron is the same as it has been. Both he and Dalton are similar and need a lot around him to do well. When given the players around him, which Dalton has had most of his career. That I believe McCarron would give them the better chance to win those big games. Which even with no experience. He showed how he can handle bigger moments like playoffs better than Dalton.

So what exactly should this whole Buffalo thing prove? How exactly should that change my opinion? Especially when I think Dalton would be put in a backup role quick somewhere else once people saw him full time without talented players to throw to, to go along with a bad line.

Edited by futurecoach

What exactly does it prove. Would you like me to go back and find post for you where I clearly say McCarron like Dalton needs a lot around him to do well? Would you like me to go back and share post with you where I also clearly state that I think Dalton would most likely be a backup qb in this league if he didn't fall into a great situation. Where most of his career he has had a lot of talent around him. Especially when we have seen how much he has struggled when he doesnt have that around him?

My opinion on McCarron is the same as it has been. Both he and Dalton are similar and need a lot around him to do well. When given the players around him, which Dalton has had most of his career. That I believe McCarron would give them the better chance to win those big games. Which even with no experience. He showed how he can handle bigger moments like playoffs better than Dalton.

So what exactly should this whole Buffalo thing prove? How exactly should that change my opinion? Especially when I think Dalton would be put in a backup role quick somewhere else once people saw him full time without talented players to throw to, to go along with a bad line.

The "Mcarron is as good as or better than Daulton" comparisons should stop. Mcarron is not, and never will be on Daulton's level. Daulton would be the unquestioned starter on at least a dozen NFL teams, and Mcarron couldn't win the job on the team with the worst QB situation in the league. Daulton would have won the Buffalo job if he had slept through the preseason. Mcarron's average performance in a playoff game the Bengals lost, proves nothing, and if that's his career highlight, that's not a whole lot to hang his hat on. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance Mcarron isn't even in the league next year, while Daulton will likely play another half decade or more in the league.

The "Mcarron is as good as or better than Daulton" comparisons should stop. Mcarron is not, and never will be on Daulton's level. Daulton would be the unquestioned starter on at least a dozen NFL teams, and Mcarron couldn't win the job on the team with the worst QB situation in the league. Daulton would have won the Buffalo job if he had slept through the preseason. Mcarron's average performance in a playoff game the Bengals lost, proves nothing, and if that's his career highlight, that's not a whole lot to hang his hat on. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance Mcarron isn't even in the league next year, while Daulton will likely play another half decade or more in the league.

What has Dalton done to show he would win a job elsewhere? Especially when you take away talented receivers like an AJ Green to throw to? We all have seen first hand how Dalton doesn't look that great once things around him aren't as good. 2014 when his receiver core was banged up he struggled. We have seen how he looks without a good line in front him. Yet for most of his career he has had talented guys to throw to, and has had only two seasons where you can say were above average.

No one has an idea how Dalton would do when you put him on a team with not much talent on offense. What we can do is see how he looks at the times when he hasn't had talent around him here, and how he hasn't looked good. However he has been one of the more fortunate QB's in the league, and most fortunate Bengal QB in history with being blessed at having talent around him most of his time as the QB.

You put Dalton on a team with not much around him offensively. He would look pretty bad as we have seen. Meaning he may not have a job long. McCarron his few starts with the Bengals was very Dalton like. Meaning yes he was average as well, but he managed be average without having all the experience Dalton had. He also managed to make plays Dalton has yet to make in the big games.