Domestic Violence In 2018

GrantNKY

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, nothing...

What about the second part of my question?

It's not nothing. What is your theory based on?

As for the second part of your question I tend to side with the idea that there is always a story behind everything. My default is never that the person is just a piece of crap and that's the only story to be told. That doesn't suffice my curiosity.

It's not nothing. What is your theory based on?

As for the second part of your question I tend to side with the idea that there is always a story behind everything. My default is never that the person is just a piece of crap and that's the only story to be told. That doesn't suffice my curiosity.

It absolutely is nothing.

My theory is based on the fact that a lot of domestic violence offenders do it more than once. It's based on the fact that there are thousands of people incarcerated for domestic violence. It's not because their girlfriend/wife (or boyfriend/husband) did something wrong, it's because they are bad people.

I can understand the idea of questioning some of the cases, but if you question every single case based on your idea that there's always something more to it, that's a bad look. JMO.

What exactly could Sally do that would make it acceptable in your mind that Ron hit her?

It’s never acceptable. Have I not made that clear? Literally I’ve ended almost every post in this thread with it’s never acceptable to hit her. Stop pretending I’m justifying domestic violence. Nothing Sally could ever justify Ron hitting her unless he actually was in danger from her. All I’m trying to figure out is what actions were taken or not taken that could have avoided the situation. Saying Ron is a crappy person doesn’t cut it for me.

It absolutely is nothing.

My theory is based on the fact that a lot of domestic violence offenders do it more than once. It's based on the fact that there are thousands of people incarcerated for domestic violence. It's not because their girlfriend/wife (or boyfriend/husband) did something wrong, it's because they are bad people.

I can understand the idea of questioning some of the cases, but if you question every single case based on your idea that there's always something more to it, that's a bad look. JMO.

The fact that thousands of people are incarcerated for it is precisely the reason we should look further into these situations and figure out what the hell we can do to avoid them. Not every person incarcerated for DV is in there simply because they are a crappy person. DV doesn’t differ in that aspect from other crimes no matter how people try to make it seem that way.

It’s never acceptable. Have I not made that clear? Literally I’ve ended almost every post in this thread with it’s never acceptable to hit her. Stop pretending I’m justifying domestic violence. Nothing Sally could ever justify Ron hitting her unless he actually was in danger from her. All I’m trying to figure out is what actions were taken or not taken that could have avoided the situation. Saying Ron is a crappy person doesn’t cut it for me.

You have to realize everything you are saying portrays that you are looking for excuses for the offender, right?

If "Ron is a bad person" doesn't cut it, what would?

The fact that thousands of people are incarcerated for it is precisely the reason we should look further into these situations and figure out what the hell we can do to avoid them. Not every person incarcerated for DV is in there simply because they are a crappy person. DV doesn’t differ in that aspect from other crimes no matter how people try to make it seem that way.

Then you tell us... Why do they commit domestic violence if it's not because they are crappy people?

You have to realize everything you are saying portrays that you are looking for excuses for the offender, right?

If "Ron is a bad person" doesn't cut it, what would?

I think there are very few really bad people in this world. I don’t care how this thread portrays me. I’m inquisitive by nature. Just how I am. If you take that as me trying to defend a domestic abuser then that’s on you.

I think there are very few really bad people in this world. I don’t care how this thread portrays me. I’m inquisitive by nature. Just how I am. If you take that as me trying to defend a domestic abuser then that’s on you.

You are incredibly naive.

If you'd rather question a victim of domestic violence than the offender, that's on you.

...and I'd venture to guess that if a female in your family were the victim of domestic violence, your tone would be much different. Or are you going to ask them "Well what did you do to cause it?" too?