Tracking the USL

Getslow

Final day of the season. The East playoffs are settled at the top and a complete mess at the bottom. The top four seeds will host conference quarterfinals and are set in place.

1) FC Cincinnati

2) Louisville City FC

3) Pittsburgh Riverhounds

4) Charleston Battery

But below that...

5) Indy XI 49 pts

6) New York Red Bull 49 pts

7) Nashville SC 48 pts

8) Bethlehem Steel 47 pts

9) Ottawa Fury FC 45 pts

Indy and Nee York are in the playoffs but could move down if they lose this weekend in tough games against Louisville and Pittsburgh. If Ottawa wins, Bethlehem get at least a point, and Nashville loses, Ottawa and Bethlehem will hold the total wins tiebreaker and Nashville would be out of the playoffs.

FCC and Lou City could still end up playing almost any of these teams next week.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Louisville dominates Indy XI 4-1 to move into the next round. Two goals by Niall McCabe plus goals from Cameron Lancaster and Ilja Ilic.

Next week’s Eastern Conference Semifinals:

1) FC Cincinnati vs 5) NY Red Bulls II

2) Louisville City FC vs. 7) Bethlehem Steel FC

Can’t believe Pittsburgh is out already. Bethlehem tied them 1-1 then advanced after winning penalties 8-7.

Phoenix Rising FC is the first team through to the last four with their 4-2 win over Swope Park Rangers last night. They’ll meet the winner of tonight’s game between Orange County SC and Reno 1868 FC in next week’s Western Conference Final.

Tonight will mark the first Louisville City home playoff game I’ve ever missed. I’ll be stuck at a wedding. While winning and playing at home next week would be ideal, part of me is hoping for Lou City and FCC to go through so we get one last Dirty River Derby in the East Final.

Getslow, does the Louisville City team have a nickname? I can't recall ever hearing one. Maybe nicknames are not popular among soccer teams.

Youre right, the soccer naming conventions usually don’t involve a traditional American mascot name.

Clubs usually prefer to let it manifest organically over time, which is what Louisville has done.

I’ve heard some people use “Royals”, others “Purples” or the Spanish translation, “Morados”. I’ve heard “Boys in Purple” but I don’t really like it.

Over time, something will stick.

Season series for East Final Teams:

June 30 at Louisville, KY,

LCFC 3 - NYRBII 3

(James O’Connor’s final game as head coach)

August 10 at Montclair, NJ

LCFC 6 - NYRB II 4

(Last game with three player-coaches before John Hackworth became head coach)