Tracking the USL

Getslow

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Getslow, what are your thoughts on the Louisville City owner's comments saying they're going to pursue an MLS bid?

For now, it’s just one out of a group of 30 owners saying something off the cuff. The club’s official position has always been that they’re concentrating on being the best possible USL team they can be and if at some point down the road, MLS might be listening, they’ll have those conversations.

In my opinion, Louisville is so far down Don Garber’s list of cities he cares about that any notion of making a pitch at this point is almost laughable. Just in terms of money that ownership groups can throw around, San Antonio, Sacramento, St. Louis, Phoenix, Detroit, Tampa, and a second team in Chicago are all well ahead of Louisville at this point, and that’s just off the top of my head.

I don’t really care about MLS and honestly, it’s not worth the effort to think about it given where Louisville’s organization is at.

Louisville City advances to their second straight USL Cup after a 5-1 rout of NYC Red Bulls II, winning the Eastern Conference Final tonight.

My voice is shot. I LOATHE that team from New York. They basically spend the entire game falling down and crying to the ref. Just amazing. Couldn’t be happier that Louisville ground them into dust.

Lost the league-leading scorer, Cameron Lancaster, 10 minutes into the game. Was on the sideline on a crutch at the end of the game. Not looking good for the final.

Hype Level for tonight: 11

Louisville is hosting the USL Cup Final for the second consecutive year!

With the forced move to Lynn Stadium instead of Slugger Field, the ~8,000 tickets available were gone in a matter of minutes.

Absolute global legend Didier Drogba is playing his last professional match in Louisville, Kentucky in front of a few thousand people wearing purple. What a weird game this is sometimes.

Louisville City FC vs. Phoenix Rising FC, 8 pm on ESPN2.

Hoping to keep that trophy in Louisville. Go Citaaaay!

• 1 month later...

Louisville currently has 15 players from the 2018 roster under contract for next season and just announced the signing of defender Taylor Peay, who spent this season primarily with Real Salt Lake of MLS but played a few games for their reserve side, Real Monarchs of USL.

My guess would be that that means that all-league defender Paco Craig is headed out the door. I think Golden Boot winner Cameron Lancaster is probably also on his way to a bigger contract elsewhere. Both are English and have played for Louisville for four years so there's speculation they're both headed home to try and land somewhere over in England.

Louisville City early roster moves:

Out: Cameron Lancaster (rumored move to MLS Nashville), Greg Ranjitsingh (Orlando City, MLS), Kyle Smith (MLS, unknown); (Paco Craig seems likeliest to make a move soon).

In: Taylor Peay (Def, Real Salt Lake, MLS), Lucky Mkosana (Forward, Penn FC, USL)\

Nashville is loading up for its final USL season the same way Cincinnati did. Tampa and Indy XI have made some really good moves already. Should be a fantastic year in the Eastern Conference.

• 3 weeks later...

Paco Craig has re-signed for Louisville City.

HUGE. The guy has been an all-League defender and was a huge part of the title run. Could still get picked up for a bigger deal somewhere during camps, but Louisville has him under contract.

Also recently added longtime USL veteran and Trinity High School alum Sunny Jane to the roster. Played overseas last year, but was most recently with Richmond Kickers, I believe.