Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL Anthem "Policy" - Winners and Losers

Featured Replies

When I am at work, I am expected to work at or over the expectations of my employer. I am not allowed to conduct union business, or promote any political or social agenda.

 

NFL players are at work, and get paid a heck of a lot more than I do. They are on TV because it is part of their job. Promoting their own agenda because they happen to be on TV is inappropriate IMO. If the players who want to kneel wish to make a TV appearance to explaine their issues in their own time, I fully support it. When you are at work, you work as your employer wants you to. If you don’t like it, you find another job.

 

You're trying to tell black people that they can't protest if it makes white people uncomfortable.

  • Replies 187
  • Views 29.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The rules are no different for NFL players. It doesnt matter what we think. If their bosses dont want them protesting at work, they have the right to stop it.

 

I don't disagree with that at all. You absolutely have to follow whatever rules your employer lays down. My point was though, if the team allows you to kneel (or promote, or call attention to whatever), then it's ok for them to do that as well. As i mentioned, being an NFL player is much different than any other common position. NFL players (and other pro athletes) use their position to promote, endorse, bring visibiilty to countless other things. Many of these things we even support, such as when they call attention to various charities.

You're trying to tell black people that they can't protest if it makes white people uncomfortable.

 

No she isn't. That's a pretty incredible leap or assumption on your part.

The rules are no different for NFL players. It doesnt matter what we think. If their bosses dont want them protesting at work, they have the right to stop it.

 

Correct. Much like the NFL had the right to not allow the Arm in Arm decal honoring the fallen members of the Dallas Police Department.

No she isn't. That's a pretty incredible leap or assumption on your part.

 

Haven't we learned in this case that it's the others who determine intent of an act and not the person who says what the intent was? If we can say his intent was to disrespect the flag and military then I can say what the poster's intent was, right?

You're trying to tell black people that they can't protest if it makes white people uncomfortable.

 

There is nothing in my comment that even vaguely suggests that.

Where exactly would they kneel outside of their job?

 

Reread my post. I never said they should kneel elsewhere. I said that if they wanted to make a separate tv appearance to discuss their views I would support them 100%

There is nothing in my comment that even vaguely suggests that.

 

And there was nothing in the original protest that even vaguely suggested disrespect to the military or the flag. Not fun when the goal post is moved without care for your intent, right???

No question but I think the point he is making is that these skills are so unique that to compare them to a factory worker, accountant, nurse, etc is not appropriate.

 

No one is comparing their skills. Their skills are interesting, but not relevant. They are employees.

I don't disagree with that at all. You absolutely have to follow whatever rules your employer lays down. My point was though, if the team allows you to kneel (or promote, or call attention to whatever), then it's ok for them to do that as well. As i mentioned, being an NFL player is much different than any other common position. NFL players (and other pro athletes) use their position to promote, endorse, bring visibiilty to countless other things. Many of these things we even support, such as when they call attention to various charities.

 

I never said otherwise.

 

I have been consistent on this topic from the beginning. If the NFL allows them to do it, they have every right.

 

Its a peaceful protest and I'm in no position to tell anyone what they can or can not do.

 

I feel like the facts dont support the protest. And I feel like there are far worse things in this country than the police who are overwhelmingly good people doing good things.

 

With that said, protest away if your boss allows it. But dont cry freedom of speech when your boss says no more.

Correct. Much like the NFL had the right to not allow the Arm in Arm decal honoring the fallen members of the Dallas Police Department.

 

Agreed.

Reread my post. I never said they should kneel elsewhere. I said that if they wanted to make a separate tv appearance to discuss their views I would support them 100%

 

A separate TV appearance? Where? Local news?

If it's 100% against police brutality then why do so many keep hanging onto the military angle? If you take something the wrong way and then I explain to you what I meant and you still say "no , it was about what I thought it was..." then what does that say about you?

 

The flag represents America in general and at the highest level it represents our military. Kap knew if he took his “protest” to his personal Twitter account only, it would quickly fade out. Instead, he decided to attack the flag which would garner more attention to him, his brand and his followers.

 

What he failed to realize is, disrespecting Old Glory to support his anti-police approach wouldn’t go over well with those who defend Old Glory.

And there was nothing in the original protest that even vaguely suggested disrespect to the military or the flag. Not fun when the goal post is moved without care for your intent, right???

 

I didn’t mention disrespecting the military or the flag and your analogy is way off.

What he failed to realize is, disrespecting Old Glory to support his anti-police approach wouldn’t go over well with those who defend Old Glory.

 

Except for the military folks that have acknowledged they fought so he could voice his opinions, of course.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.