Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL Anthem "Policy" - Winners and Losers

Featured Replies

I didn’t mention disrespecting the military or the flag and your analogy is way off.

 

No, it isn’t...

  • Replies 187
  • Views 29.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn’t mention disrespecting the military or the flag and your analogy is way off.

 

How is it way off?

Except for the military folks that have acknowledged they fought so he could voice his opinions, of course.

 

Easy to ignore those voices and only hear the ones that speak from the other side, clearly...

I never said otherwise.

 

I have been consistent on this topic from the beginning. If the NFL allows them to do it, they have every right.

 

Its a peaceful protest and I'm in no position to tell anyone what they can or can not do.

 

I feel like the facts dont support the protest. And I feel like there are far worse things in this country than the police who are overwhelmingly good people doing good things.

 

With that said, protest away if your boss allows it. But dont cry freedom of speech when your boss says no more.

 

My posts were simply addressing those who made the argument that "I can't protest at my job" so NFL players shouldn't be able to either. What you can or cannot do while on the job is not relevant to what an NFL player can or cannot do.

When I am at work, I am expected to work at or over the expectations of my employer. I am not allowed to conduct union business, or promote any political or social agenda.

 

NFL players are at work, and get paid a heck of a lot more than I do. They are on TV because it is part of their job. Promoting their own agenda because they happen to be on TV is inappropriate IMO. If the players who want to kneel wish to make a TV appearance to explaine their issues in their own time, I fully support it. When you are at work, you work as your employer wants you to. If you don’t like it, you find another job.

 

So you don’t support the teachers?

I never said otherwise.

 

I have been consistent on this topic from the beginning. If the NFL allows them to do it, they have every right.

 

Its a peaceful protest and I'm in no position to tell anyone what they can or can not do.

 

I feel like the facts dont support the protest. And I feel like there are far worse things in this country than the police who are overwhelmingly good people doing good things.

 

With that said, protest away if your boss allows it. But dont cry freedom of speech when your boss says no more.

 

FWIW, they aren’t protesting against the good police officers in our country and the systemic racism of America is also one of the things being protested. Criminal justice reform is sorely needed.

No she isn't. That's a pretty incredible leap or assumption on your part.

 

Nah. I see the same thing. That’s why I brought up my Joe Thomas/guns being banned in America scenario. You notice no one wants to touch that post?

Correct. Much like the NFL had the right to not allow the Arm in Arm decal honoring the fallen members of the Dallas Police Department.

 

Which was also pretty stupid.

Reread my post. I never said they should kneel elsewhere. I said that if they wanted to make a separate tv appearance to discuss their views I would support them 100%

 

That isn’t a protest.

Haven't we learned in this case that it's the others who determine intent of an act and not the person who says what the intent was? If we can say his intent was to disrespect the flag and military then I can say what the poster's intent was, right?

 

If you want to call apples a steak sandwich, then sure, knock yourself out. The two aren't comparible in the least.

If you want to call apples a steak sandwich, then sure, knock yourself out. The two aren't comparible in the least.

 

Are you saying I should take the poster at his/her word as to intent ? We agree. Not sure why we are still sticking to “he hates the flag/military” when they all have said the true reason for their protest.

 

Do you think they are lying?

Nah. I see the same thing. That’s why I brought up my Joe Thomas/guns being banned in America scenario. You notice no one wants to touch that post?

 

I will respectfully disagee.

 

I wonder how many that support Kap would support Thomas in your scenario.

Are you saying I should take the poster at his/her word as to intent ? We agree. Not sure why we are still sticking to “he hates the flag/military” when they all have said the true reason for their protest.

 

Do you think they are lying?

 

I never once said they did. However, I've talked to many that served that were offended. Also, many people don't like someone sitting or kneeling during the anthem for any reason. I'm one of them. Has zero to do with race or their reason. It's just not acceptable to many for the reasons they stayed. Do you think they're lying?

FWIW, they aren’t protesting against the good police officers in our country and the systemic racism of America is also one of the things being protested. Criminal justice reform is sorely needed.

 

I agree that is the case for some. But definitely not Kaepernick.

 

Not so sure Kap likes any police officers. He wore the pig socks, made statements about cosmotolegists getting more training and made donations to a charity named after a woman who murdered a police officer.

 

I agree that there are bad police out there. I just dont think the facts support the claims that its an epedemic or that its widespread.

 

Regarding bad police, i think they should be punished, fired and put in jail if they abuse someone, or kill someone for no reason. I can't remember exact situations or names, but I've seen several examples here where i thought the police were wrong.

However being that there are almost a million officers coming into contact with people millions of times a year, some bad things are going to happen.

 

Doesnt mean we shouldn't try to fix it or punish those who are wrong, but we shouldn't exaggerate the problem either.

Nah. I see the same thing. That’s why I brought up my Joe Thomas/guns being banned in America scenario. You notice no one wants to touch that post?

 

If Joe Thomas wanted to kneel Id feel the same way. He has a right to do it as long as his employer lets him. I dont agree with it and dont want to see it on Sunday, but if they let him theres nothing I can do about it

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.