Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL Anthem "Policy" - Winners and Losers

Featured Replies

They fought for freedom, but every military man and woman respects the flag that represents it. To disrespect the flag and the country that allows such freedom, by overpaid athletes who never served a day is rude at best.

 

Speak out. Say what you want, but to kneel during the anthem in a country that gave you the opportunity to be a famous athlete is ridiculous IMO.

Again, not all veterans feel this way. Not all of them see kneeling silently as disrespecting the flag, the anthem, the military or our country.

  • Replies 187
  • Views 29.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, not all veterans feel this way. Not all of them see kneeling silently as disrespecting the flag, the anthem, the military or our country.

 

My guess is it's been mentioned in here previously but...

 

The person who told Kaepernick that instead of sitting during the anthem it would be more respectful to kneel was a military man. Like American military members are not of one mind when it comes to this issue.

They fought so he could voice his opinion. This is true. I GARUNTEE they didn't fight for him or anyone to kneel during the national anthem.

 

Yes they did. That’s freedom of speech. That’s EXACTLY what they fought for, whether they agree with it or not.

No I do not think they are protesting the military. I asked a question which you did not answer. When you refuse to stand for the playing of the national anthem, you are disrespecting the flag and what it stands for. So why would someone choose to protest during the national anthem? Protest are held all the time at different locations around the country that don't include the national anthem.

 

“What it stands for” to the people kneeling is a country that doesn’t give a certain group of people a fair shake based on the color of their skin. There are many layers to that which have all been discussed numerous times. No it’s not all black people, but it happens. There is no denying it. You all can keep making it about the flag and the military all you want. You’ve been told over and over that’s not the case. Choosing to focus on that only means you’re not interested in WHY they are protesting, only the how. That’s on you, not them.

Well I have 7 family members that all served or are still serving and not a one of them will tell you they fought for some idiot to kneel and protest something that had nothing to do with the flag or the military during the playing of the national anthem. I have had this discussion with every one of them.

 

And and I have numerous friends and family that are either currently serving or have served that say they serve to give him the freedom to do it. We can do that all night.

“Why are you destroying property? That’s stupid and not going to get your point across. Non-violence is the way to go. Do something else.”

 

”Okay, we’ll have marches.”

 

”Nope, that blocks traffic. If you get in front of MY car I’m going to run you over, I’ve got that right! Find something else to do.”

 

”Okay, we’re going to kneel.”

 

”Are you kidding? How disrespectful! Shut up and play! You can find some other way to get your point across! Over paid babies.”

 

Rinse. Repeat. Y’all aint trying to hear ANYTHING. Let’s just call it what it is.

My guess is it's been mentioned in here previously but...

 

The person who told Kaepernick that instead of sitting during the anthem it would be more respectful to kneel was a military man. Like American military members are not of one mind when it comes to this issue.

Correct. I thought about mentioning that in this thread but I'm not sure people would be receptive to that.
“Why are you destroying property? That’s stupid and not going to get your point across. Non-violence is the way to go. Do something else.”

 

”Okay, we’ll have marches.”

 

”Nope, that blocks traffic. If you get in front of MY car I’m going to run you over, I’ve got that right! Find something else to do.”

 

”Okay, we’re going to kneel.”

 

”Are you kidding? How disrespectful! Shut up and play! You can find some other way to get your point across! Over paid babies.”

 

Rinse. Repeat. Y’all aint trying to hear ANYTHING. Let’s just call it what it is.

 

Your the one who isn't hearing what some of us are saying. And you still didn't answer my question. Why did these people choose to protest by kneeling during the national anthem? Again protesting something that had nothing to do with the anthem or the job they are there to do. If you read my post I have stated I have no problem with protest. I believe they have a legit cause, but go do it in front of a police station where the rest of the world then would know what your trying to say

“What it stands for” to the people kneeling is a country that doesn’t give a certain group of people a fair shake based on the color of their skin. There are many layers to that which have all been discussed numerous times. No it’s not all black people, but it happens. There is no denying it. You all can keep making it about the flag and the military all you want. You’ve been told over and over that’s not the case. Choosing to focus on that only means you’re not interested in WHY they are protesting, only the how. That’s on you, not them.

 

If that is what they think it stands for, then by all means go live somewhere else that has a flag they believe in. That flag does not represent the bad police in this country.

Edited by #99
Misspelled word

Your the one who isn't hearing what some of us are saying. And you still didn't answer my question. Why did these people choose to protest by kneeling during the national anthem? Again protesting something that had nothing to do with the anthem or the job they are there to do. If you read my post I have stated I have no problem with protest. I believe they have a legit cause, but go do it in front of a police station where the rest of the world then would know what your trying to say

 

Why did they choose to do it during the anthem? Maybe because it would get attention and start some discussions. Mission accomplished. The flag/anthem represents (among many other, positive things) a country that still ALLOWS racial inequalities. It’s really not that hard to understand.

 

Regardless of when they chose to protest, there are a large number of people that will find an issue with how/when/why they are doing it and tell them to find another way. How do I know that? Because we’ve already seen it, EVERY time something like this comes up.

And I have had the conversations with mine, including my Vietnam veteran father. They support freedom.

 

It's telling that you refer to those that protest as idiots.

 

Exactly what is it telling? That I along with others believe this group of individuals are idiots because of the way they are going about this?

If that is what they think it stands for, then by all means go live somewhere else that has a flag they believe in. That flag does not represent the bad police in this country.

 

”I don’t agree with you, so go live somewhere else.”

 

:lol2:

 

Thank you for proving my point.

”I don’t agree with you, so go live somewhere else.”

 

:lol2:

 

Thank you for proving my point.

What you just said is not what I said. I said about the flag, not because I didn't agree with the way they protested. Again why not protest in front of a police station?

What you just said is not what I said. I said about the flag, not because I didn't agree with the way they protested. Again why not protest in front of a police station?

 

Simple. Nobody would care.

 

And they’d STILL find a problem with what they were doing.

Simple. Nobody would care.

 

And they’d STILL find a problem with what they were doing.

 

I would take more notice of their cause if they did it in front of police stations all over the country. You just said nobody would care is why they did it during the national anthem. Yet you also state that the majority aren't caring about why they are protesting, they are simply looking at the fact they disrespected the flag and the military. So how does this help the cause?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.