Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL Anthem "Policy" - Winners and Losers

Featured Replies

My posts were simply addressing those who made the argument that "I can't protest at my job" so NFL players shouldn't be able to either. What you can or cannot do while on the job is not relevant to what an NFL player can or cannot do.

 

It is relevant. We are all employees.

  • Replies 187
  • Views 29.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You really think they are protesting the military?

No I do not think they are protesting the military. I asked a question which you did not answer. When you refuse to stand for the playing of the national anthem, you are disrespecting the flag and what it stands for. So why would someone choose to protest during the national anthem? Protest are held all the time at different locations around the country that don't include the national anthem.

Except for the military folks that have acknowledged they fought so he could voice his opinions, of course.

 

They fought so he could voice his opinion. This is true. I GARUNTEE they didn't fight for him or anyone to kneel during the national anthem.

I agree that is the case for some. But definitely not Kaepernick.

 

Not so sure Kap likes any police officers. He wore the pig socks, made statements about cosmotolegists getting more training and made donations to a charity named after a woman who murdered a police officer.

 

I agree that there are bad police out there. I just dont think the facts support the claims that its an epedemic or that its widespread.

 

Regarding bad police, i think they should be punished, fired and put in jail if they abuse someone, or kill someone for no reason. I can't remember exact situations or names, but I've seen several examples here where i thought the police were wrong.

However being that there are almost a million officers coming into contact with people millions of times a year, some bad things are going to happen.

 

Doesnt mean we shouldn't try to fix it or punish those who are wrong, but we shouldn't exaggerate the problem either.

 

To black people that problem isn’t exaggerated. Instead of folks wanting to get together and talk about why they just dismiss it altogether. That isn’t helping.

If Joe Thomas wanted to kneel Id feel the same way. He has a right to do it as long as his employer lets him. I dont agree with it and dont want to see it on Sunday, but if they let him theres nothing I can do about it

 

How do you think a majority of America would feel about it? Do you think the NRA would stand behind Joe’s protest?

They fought so he could voice his opinion. This is true. I GARUNTEE they didn't fight for him or anyone to kneel during the national anthem.

I guarantee that you are wrong. I know people that have and are serving who support freedom, which includes the freedom to stand or not stand during the anthem.

So you don’t support the teachers?

 

I'll answer that question. The teachers were protesting something that affects their JOB.

Players protesting something that has nothing to do with their job, but doing it while at their JOB. Two totally different scenarios. If they want to protest police brutality and Injustice then go do it in front of the police station. Your didn't see the teachers protesting at a NFL game did you? The teachers didn't protest about something at school that had nothing to do with school or their job. They went to the source to protest and that is what should be done.

I guarantee that you are wrong. I know people that have and are serving who support freedom, which includes the freedom to stand or not stand during the anthem.

 

Well I have 7 family members that all served or are still serving and not a one of them will tell you they fought for some idiot to kneel and protest something that had nothing to do with the flag or the military during the playing of the national anthem. I have had this discussion with every one of them.

If it's 100% against police brutality then why do so many keep hanging onto the military angle? If you take something the wrong way and then I explain to you what I meant and you still say "no , it was about what I thought it was..." then what does that say about you?

 

Pretty simple...if I insult your Mom to her face because I was mad at you, no family members should be offended because it wasn't about her. Fact is I was just protesting what you did so don't be offended that I chose the method, time and place. It is my right, freedom of speech, you know! Might have been totally inappropriate, but it was never about your Mom.

How do you think a majority of America would feel about it? Do you think the NRA would stand behind Joe’s protest?

 

I don't know. Id say some would be for it, some against it. Some wouldnt like the way he was going about it

So you don’t support the teachers?

 

I 100% support our teachers! They were defending themselves against a government that siphoned their retirement away. They took time away from work, and I am sure they paid their PTO, or whatever their particular benefits were to do so. Was it wrong to walk out on their students? Yes, but they paid the price.

 

NFL players were protesting something that had nothing to do with their profession. Was it a worthy cause? Absolutely. IMO, it was the wrong forum. They too should pay the price for taking a stand on company time.

They fought so he could voice his opinion. This is true. I GARUNTEE they didn't fight for him or anyone to kneel during the national anthem.

 

They fought for freedom, but every military man and woman respects the flag that represents it. To disrespect the flag and the country that allows such freedom, by overpaid athletes who never served a day is rude at best.

 

Speak out. Say what you want, but to kneel during the anthem in a country that gave you the opportunity to be a famous athlete is ridiculous IMO.

Pretty simple...if I insult your Mom to her face because I was mad at you, no family members should be offended because it wasn't about her. Fact is I was just protesting what you did so don't be offended that I chose the method, time and place. It is my right, freedom of speech, you know! Might have been totally inappropriate, but it was never about your Mom.

 

 

Before I say that’s a poor analogy tell me how you would insult my mom.

I never once said they did. However, I've talked to many that served that were offended. Also, many people don't like someone sitting or kneeling during the anthem for any reason. I'm one of them. Has zero to do with race or their reason. It's just not acceptable to many for the reasons they stayed. Do you think they're lying?

 

The vast majority of people said specifically that they were mad because it's an insult to the military. The kneelers said consistently they support the military and this had nothing to do with them. Yet the vast majority of people STILL complain that the kneelers are anti-military/anti-flag.

 

It's that simple. They are choosing to not believe the kneelers. They are telling the kneelers why they are really kneeling.

 

Seems preposterous to me. Just like me telling the poster that his/her post was telling blacks how they can protest and her telling me that was 100% not true. If I kept saying it despite what I was told it would seem like I was either dense, stupid, or looking to be offended.

Well I have 7 family members that all served or are still serving and not a one of them will tell you they fought for some idiot to kneel and protest something that had nothing to do with the flag or the military during the playing of the national anthem. I have had this discussion with every one of them.

And I have had the conversations with mine, including my Vietnam veteran father. They support freedom.

 

It's telling that you refer to those that protest as idiots.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.