Man Punches Pregnant Deaf Woman & Her Service Dog on Flight

Do deaf people meet your qualifications?

There are lots of reasons people have service dogs beyond blindness. I have two nephews who are artistic, and both had/have service dogs. Those dogs do a tremendous job with some of the issues they might have in a tight space like plane. And I know from experience while traveling with them, lots of people assume they are just jobbing the system and don’t believe they need the dog.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you feel that there are no emotional disabilities? PTSD?

I never said that but I do believe it is grossly abused. Most the dogs used for emotional reasons are typically just a common house dog with no special training. Everyone reading this right now can get a certificate for emotional support dog with no push back.

I never said that but I do believe it is grossly abused. Most the dogs used for emotional reasons are typically just a common house dog with no special training. Everyone reading this right now can get a certificate for emotional support dog with no push back.

I agree with most of this. I do think that just like other disabilities, sometimes we outwardly would judge that it isn't real when it is. This one is hard to know, which is why I think that it should require a doctor's diagnosis for approval.

I agree with most of this. I do think that just like other disabilities, sometimes we outwardly would judge that it isn't real when it is. This one is hard to know, which is why I think that it should require a doctor's diagnosis for approval.

But the dog itself should be some kind of trained dog (not saying you couldnt get the family dog trained) but some time of licensing for the dog that stats such. At least then on the surface someone has taken the proper steps.