2018 NKY East/West All Star Game

Yes that does happen quite often. My son was permitted to play, but only to kick and attempt no tackles no matter the situation.

When I played in the very first game many many years ago, there were guys with full rides to UK that were permitted and actually did play in the game.

That's too bad as I am sure ALL of the boys want to play but have to abide by others' rules.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picture was taken with ex NFL player Rocky Bomian.

That's coach Mike Woolf on the far left. Eddie Eviston is just behind Boiman's left shoulder.

I haven't heard much as to which Cov Cath players are on the roster...but at a glance, I see AJ Mayer, Grant Dyer, and Malachi Pike all in the picture.

So I've admittedly never followed the NKY East-West game as closely as I probably should have. I know it was traditionally the completely a product of the Northern Kentucky Football Coaches Association. My understanding is that it's still the same product, and the name is just tweaked a little because of the St. Elizabeth Healthcare sponsorship....so with that said, the NKFCA would still be the entity selecting the players who make the team.

Is this team different from the list of all stars that the NKFCA puts out at the end of each football season? Because that list came out for this past season in November.

So I've admittedly never followed the NKY East-West game as closely as I probably should have. I know it was traditionally the completely a product of the Northern Kentucky Football Coaches Association. My understanding is that it's still the same product, and the name is just tweaked a little because of the St. Elizabeth Healthcare sponsorship....so with that said, the NKFCA would still be the entity selecting the players who make the team.

Is this team different from the list of all stars that the NKFCA puts out at the end of each football season? Because that list came out for this past season in November.

Yes, not the same team. Believe coaches ask kids if they want to play and if so they nominate them. Usually 5 or so kids from each team.

Yes, not the same team. Believe coaches ask kids if they want to play and if so they nominate them. Usually 5 or so kids from each team.

Thanks, JoaT. I love high school football, but my attention to it is usually relegated to the August through early December time period. I've always been total crap at keeping up with all star teams.

Thanks, JoaT. I love high school football, but my attention to it is usually relegated to the August through early December time period. I've always been total crap at keeping up with all star teams.

It’s my understanding the players who are originally named as All-Stars are given the first option to play and other players are then selected by the schools to fill in for players who decide not to play. Here’s a link to the NKY Tribune article announcing the players who were originally selected as NKFCA All-Stars in November.

CovCath’s successful football season reflected in Northern Kentucky coaches’ all-star team selections | NKyTribune

It’s my understanding the players who are originally named as All-Stars are given the first option to play and other players are then selected by the schools to fill in for players who decide not to play. Here’s a link to the NKY Tribune article announcing the players who were originally selected as NKFCA All-Stars in November.

CovCath’s successful football season reflected in Northern Kentucky coaches’ all-star team selections | NKyTribune

That may be how CovCath does it, but I can tell you that it is not done that way at Highlands. Kids are asked if they are interested and once that list is compiled then the coach of that particular school decides who they will be sending to the game.

EAST COACHING STAFF:

Head Coach: Eddie Eviston (Covington Catholic)

Assistant Coach: Chad Montgomery (Dayton)

Offensive Coordinator: Eddie Eviston (Covington Catholic)

Defensive Coordinator: Mike Woolf (Campbell County)

Defensive Line: Steve Burns (Simon Kenton)

Defensive Line: Scott Young (Dixie Heights)

Wide Receivers: Paul Wiggins (Bishop Brossart)

Linebackers Terry Brown (Covington Catholic)

Wide Receivers: Joe Wynn (Newport Catholic)

Linebackers: Cam Case (Bellevue)

Running Backs: Brad Hunt (Dayton)

Defensive Backs: Paul McKee (Campbell County)

Special Teams: Bryson Warner (Covington Catholic)

Defensive Backs: Brian Weinrich (Highlands)

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

EAST ALL-STARS

1 Eric Atkins, QB, Bellevue

2 Matt Shearer, QB, Simon Kenton

3 Sam Murray, Simon Kenton

4 Mason Kramer, TE/DE, Campbell County

5 Seth Evers, WR/DB, Bellevue

6 Fisher Hayden, WR, Simon Kenton

7 AJ Mayer, QB, Covington Catholic

8 Tyler Thompson, WR/DB, Bellevue

9 Nick Veneman, WR, Highlands

10 Jared Wogan, WR, Highlands

11 Malachi Pike, WR/DB, Covington Catholic

14 Braden Posey, WR/DB, Newport Catholic

17 Luke Lenihan, WR/DB, Covington Catholic

18 Kovian Spikes, WR, Newport

19 Alex Edgington, LB, Covington Catholic

21 Aaron Rice, TE, Dixie Heights

22 Chase Stephenson, WR/LB, Bellevue

24 Grant Dyer, RB/LB, Covington Catholic

25 Will Parks, LB, Simon Kenton

26 Jason Decker, LB, Newport Catholic

27 Noah Carey, FB, Dixie Heights

28 Brayden Trattles, DB, Simon Kenton

32 Harrison Walz, WR/DB, Newport Catholic

34 Jameel Jones, DL, Newport Catholic

35 Carl Schoellman, QB, Highlands

54 Noah Turner, OL Simon Kenton

55 Jody Wildeboer, DE, Dayton

58 Garrett Vallandingham, OL, Dixie Heights

62 Shawn Draper, DL, Dayton

64 Sam Holt, OL, Simon Kenton

65 Brady Hicks, OL/DL, Newport Catholic

72 Colin Fiedler, OL, Dayton

73 Michael Dunn, OL, Highlands

75 Brent Mills, OL, Campbell County

99 Tanner Mueller, OL, Simon Kenton

WEST COACHING STAFF:

Head Coach: Randy Borchers (Cooper)

Assistant Head Coach: Eric Turner (Lloyd)

Offensive Coordinator: Garry Clark (Cooper)

Defensive Coordinator: Ben Brown (Boone County)

Offensive Line: Bruce Kozerski (Holy Cross)

Defensive Line: JP Dale (Lloyd)

Wide Receivers: David Pandilidis (Holmes)

Defensive Line: Trevor Meyer (Scott)

Running Backs: Sam Steele (Boone County)

Linebackers: Chase Floyd (Conner)

Special Teams: Rob Keller (Ludlow)

Linebackers Tyler Morgan (Ryle)

Defensive Backs: Cameron Vocke (Beechwood)