May 2, 20188 yr Author A little research shows Duke did not offer any of the top 3 players in North Carolina in the 2018 class. North Carolina only offered 1 of the top 3. Basically, you recruit the players that best fit your team. Do I really need to explain the difference between Duke and UK in this situation? Let me know and I’ll break it down for you. I think it goes without saying that UK is more storied than Duke for a lot of reasons and part of that storied history is Kentucky natives shining for their state school.
May 2, 20188 yr The KY kid argument gets old, I mean KyKy is a two hour drive or something from Lexington? Cincinnati is closer than that to Lex. There a whole lot more Brandon Stockton, Josh Carrier's, Todd Tackett's, Jared Carter etc then there are memorable KY players.
May 2, 20188 yr I doubt Cal wants to deal with the DAD who doesnt want his son to have to compete for guard. I hope the kid goes to UL. Serves his dad right.
May 2, 20188 yr Author I doubt Cal wants to deal with the DAD who doesnt want his son to have to compete for guard. I hope the kid goes to UL. Serves his dad right. :lol2: I’m sure he has dealt with parents way worse than Keith Torian.
May 2, 20188 yr :lol2: I’m sure he has dealt with parents way worse than Keith Torian. I’m sure your correct.
May 2, 20188 yr The KY kid argument gets old, I mean KyKy is a two hour drive or something from Lexington? Cincinnati is closer than that to Lex. There a whole lot more Brandon Stockton, Josh Carrier's, Todd Tackett's, Jared Carter etc then there are memorable KY players. Mike Scott, GJ Smith, Dwayne Casey, Todd May, Tim Stephens, et al.
May 2, 20188 yr 10-15 years ago fans complained they weren't getting the top level recruits. Now the fans are complaining they aren't getting the 4 year guys. One thing is for certain, someone will complain no matter what happens. Will just be a different group doing it. I'm in the camp that you get the best available regardless where they are from.
May 2, 20188 yr As others have said, if he's good enough to play there, recruit him. I personally believe he is good enough to play, and I think it would benefit them to have some guys that might actually stick around for more than a year or two. That's not the same as saying "don't go get the elite". As for the debate about people wishing they could go back to 10-15 years ago.... I honestly don't know what to even say to them at this point. I certainly didn't enjoy 13 years without a Final Four. While I enjoyed some of those teams - particularly the Prince years - by the end of Tubby's era and the Billy G disaster, they weren't even fun to watch. Some people have forgotten how much those years stunk.
May 2, 20188 yr As others have said, if he's good enough to play there, recruit him. I personally believe he is good enough to play, and I think it would benefit them to have some guys that might actually stick around for more than a year or two. That's not the same as saying "don't go get the elite". As for the debate about people wishing they could go back to 10-15 years ago.... I honestly don't know what to even say to them at this point. I certainly didn't enjoy 13 years without a Final Four. While I enjoyed some of those teams - particularly the Prince years - by the end of Tubby's era and the Billy G disaster, they weren't even fun to watch. Some people have forgotten how much those years stunk. Anything past the '04 team was just tough to watch. Even the team that missed the FF by 2 OT's was difficult to watch.
May 2, 20188 yr Louisville extending an offer?! Why hasn't Louisville already offered? Is there recruiting class that strong that they can't use someone with his talent?
May 2, 20188 yr Why hasn't Louisville already offered? Is there recruiting class that strong that they can't use someone with his talent? From what I've heard it is David Johnson and then Tandy on their board for one spot. With all signs pointing to Johnson ending up at UL, it doesn't seem likely...
May 3, 20188 yr I believe he is not good enough to play right now, but he will eventually be good enough. I believe you do need a handful of guys like that. You need a Hawkins or Miller or somebody like that. I believe they provide that little extra something that gets you from making the final four to winning a national championship.
May 3, 20188 yr I believe he is not good enough to play right now, but he will eventually be good enough. I believe you do need a handful of guys like that. You need a Hawkins or Miller or somebody like that. I believe they provide that little extra something that gets you from making the final four to winning a national championship. Don't disagree. But the player has to be willing to accept that type of role. It doesn't sound like, as of this moment, Tandy wants to do that. And, I'll add that I don't blame him one bit.
May 3, 20188 yr I believe he is not good enough to play right now, but he will eventually be good enough. I believe you do need a handful of guys like that. You need a Hawkins or Miller or somebody like that. I believe they provide that little extra something that gets you from making the final four to winning a national championship. But Hawkins did not get KY to a Final Four. In fact Miller is the only one I can think of that was impactful on a FF team since Epps. That was ‘97.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.