Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK/Coach Cal/KyKy Tandy

Featured Replies

Maybe NKY isn't representative of the rest of the state, but man, I don't know where you find these UK fans you guys are always talking about. :lol2:

  • Replies 174
  • Views 42.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe NKY isn't representative of the rest of the state, but man, I don't know where you find these UK fans you guys are always talking about. :lol2:

I know plenty of them but I know more level headed UK fans than insane ones. To be honest I have a few friends that are UL fans and they are just as bad as any crazy UL fan. I have 2 friends that are Duke fans (not PP92) and they are almost unbearable to be around. The problem in Kentucky is UK fans are the dominate group so you get more crazies.

Scottie Lewis and Bryan Antoine.

Duke has offers to both as well. Both are top 10 kids and top 1 or 2 at their position. Do you think they are both overrated and Tandy considerably underrated? Should Duke and Villanova be taking a harder look at Tandy? Or is this just a UK thing because Tandy is from Kentucky?

And for the record I consider a lot of UK posters on here above average. Most of you are a breath of fresh air to talk to.

 

th?id=OGC.2650cb42aa69f7c9c2e9cf48d1b6323e&pid=1.7&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.tenor.co%2fimages%2f2650cb42aa69f7c9c2e9cf48d1b6323e%2ftenor.gif&ehk=0eqUMbyIlhLHZ1S4vF6WnA

BGP is literally the only place I can find tolerable UK fans... and there’s only a few of them here. :lol2:

 

:lol2:

 

mike-sweeney-quote-im-honored-that-means-a-lot.jpg

  • Author
Duke has offers to both as well. Both are top 10 kids and top 1 or 2 at their position. Do you think they are both overrated and Tandy considerably underrated? Should Duke and Villanova be taking a harder look at Tandy? Or is this just a UK thing because Tandy is from Kentucky?

 

 

It’s a UK thing because Tandy is from KY but make no mistake about it at all....if Duke offers Tandy I’ll be at every University Heights game with a Duke shirt and hat on as an unofficial representative of Duke begging him to go to #TheBrotherhood

 

 

 

 

To answer your main question though, if he has shown he can play with those two top 10 recruits then why should I believe he can’t play at UK? Because Rivals and Scout said so? Hard pass on that......

I never understand why fans care if they are Kentucky kids or not. There have been a few who could contribute at UK (Hollingsworth comes to mind), but there aren’t any lottery picks floating around. As a fan, I want Calipari to recruit the best players available who fit the program. I don’t care if they come from Jupiter.

It’s a UK thing because Tandy is from KY but make no mistake about it at all....if Duke offers Tandy I’ll be at every University Heights game with a Duke shirt and hat on as an unofficial representative of Duke begging him to go to #TheBrotherhood

 

 

To answer your main question though, if he has shown he can play with those two top 10 recruits then why should I believe he can’t play at UK?

So let's say Duke has one spot left and both Tandy and Antoine commit. You ok with Duke telling Antoine thanks but no thanks and taking Tandy instead?

 

Like I said, Tandy may well shoot up the rankings, we all know there's more than just talent that goes into those. But I think at some point you have to trust coaching staffs like Duke's and UK's to be able to evaluate the talent for themselves. We also know that an a couple of AAU games are not a definite indicator of how good these guys are. If they were Tandy would already be above both in the rankings if he in fact out played them.

  • Author
I never understand why fans care if they are Kentucky kids or not. There have been a few who could contribute at UK (Hollingsworth comes to mind), but there aren’t any lottery picks floating around. As a fan, I want Calipari to recruit the best players available who fit the program. I don’t care if they come from Jupiter.

 

That’s cool but last I saw there is only one lottery pick from this year’s team and either you all underachieved or were overrated.

 

You mention Hollingsworth but Tandy is a higher ranked recruit than Hollingsworth ever was, is more athletic than Hollingsworth and holds better offers than Hollingsworth had.

 

The Unforgettables are the most beloved team at UK in my lifetime and they didn’t win a title. Am I wrong in stating that the last three title winning teams at UK had kids from KY playing prominent roles on those teams? Epps, Mills, Padgett, Miller? Folks can believe what they want but I’ll never be convinced that the lottery picks care and understand as much as KY kids do about playing basketball for UK. For a bunch of teams year in and year out that seem to lack leadership it seems like a perfect role for a KY kid to play for those wishing for team success and not NBA success for UK players.

  • Author
So let's say Duke has one spot left and both Tandy and Antoine commit. You ok with Duke telling Antoine thanks but no thanks and taking Tandy instead?

 

Like I said, Tandy may well shoot up the rankings, we all know there's more than just talent that goes into those. But I think at some point you have to trust coaching staffs like Duke's and UK's to be able to evaluate the talent for themselves. We also know that an a couple of AAU games are not a definite indicator of how good these guys are. If they were Tandy would already be above both in the rankings if he in fact out played them.

 

Absolutely but I am admittedly biased towards KY kids and I have seen Tandy play and I had no clue who Antoine was until I read that Tandy outplayed him. Based on the info I have I’d gladly take Tandy over him.

 

 

I’ll also add that I don’t care about rankings. They mean nothing to me. We’ll see just how good the #2/#3 player, Zion Williamson is soon enough won’t we?

 

The Unforgettables are the most beloved team at UK in my lifetime and they didn’t win a title. Am I wrong in stating that the last three title winning teams at UK had kids from KY playing prominent roles on those teams? Epps, Mills, Padgett, Miller? Folks can believe what they want but I’ll never be convinced that the lottery picks care and understand as much as KY kids do about playing basketball for UK. For a bunch of teams year in and year out that seem to lack leadership it seems like a perfect role for a KY kid to play for those wishing for team success and not NBA success for UK players.

 

What everyone seems to be overlooking is that the kids have to be willing to accept what their role will be. Kentucky may view Tandy as a 4 year guy that will work his way into meaningful contributions as his career goes. KyKy may view himself as the guy from day 1.

  • Author
What everyone seems to be overlooking is that the kids have to be willing to accept what their role will be. Kentucky may view Tandy as a 4 year guy that will work his way into meaningful contributions as his career goes. KyKy may view himself as the guy from day 1.

 

Or he may view himself as a 4 year contributor. We only know what his dad has said.

Or he may view himself as a 4 year contributor. We only know what his dad has said.

 

You're right, he may.

 

I don't understand why we're going under the assumption that he wants to go there but they don't want him. If they weren't interested, they wouldn't be recruiting him.

What everyone seems to be overlooking is that the kids have to be willing to accept what their role will be. Kentucky may view Tandy as a 4 year guy that will work his way into meaningful contributions as his career goes. KyKy may view himself as the guy from day 1.

 

Winner.

 

If Tandy is ok with limited minutes year one, maybe even year two and wants to be at UK even if that is the way it works out - welcome aboard. I am not saying that is what happens with him, but I am saying Tandy has to be ok if it works out that way because the odds are that is the way it will go.

 

If I am Tandy, I take that situation. Take the chance to prove yourself and practice against NBA first rounders every day.

I never understand why fans care if they are Kentucky kids or not. There have been a few who could contribute at UK (Hollingsworth comes to mind), but there aren’t any lottery picks floating around. As a fan, I want Calipari to recruit the best players available who fit the program. I don’t care if they come from Jupiter.

 

I think it matters only because we're from Kentucky and we root for our Kentucky kids. if there is a kid in the state that has a chance to play at one of the top two programs in the country; we cheer for that kid and for that offer to come. If he isn't then, so be it. And as you stated; this opportunity doesn't present itself very often. There aren't many kids that come through the state that can play at UK.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.