Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK/Coach Cal/KyKy Tandy

Featured Replies

  • Author

FWIW he has confirmed offers from Florida, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Iowa State, Cincinnati and now Mississippi.

 

 

Kyle Tucker most recently wrote an article about KyKy Tandy that features some quotes from KyKy and his father about a potential UK offer.

 

In the article it mentions where he has some offers from and speaks on how his AAU season is going.

 

 

Kentucky recruiting: Father of in-state star KyKy Tandy not holding breath for Wildcats offer

  • Replies 174
  • Views 42.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
And Kunkel outplayed Frederick a couple times but Frederick got the higher D1 level offers.

 

Anyone in the know is aware that Kunkel doesn’t have the same connections as Fredrick and Kunkel didn’t outplay Fredrick this season in high school so..........

Anyone in the know is aware that Kunkel doesn’t have the same connections as Fredrick and Kunkel didn’t outplay Fredrick this season in high school so..........

 

I seem to recall a couple games early in the year where Kunkel outplayed Frederick. My point is ... in one tournament or a couple games, any one player can out play another. Just because someone played better in a couple games doesn't make them the better recruit/player.

  • Author
I seem to recall a couple games early in the year where Kunkel outplayed Frederick. My point is ... in one tournament or a couple games, any one player can out play another. Just because someone played better in a couple games doesn't make them the better recruit/player.

 

I agree. However, the general theme of this thread regarding Tandy is that he isn’t good enough to play with ‘elite’ UK recruits. Would you say that Kunkel can play at the same level as Fredrick?

I agree. However, the general theme of this thread regarding Tandy is that he isn’t good enough to play with ‘elite’ UK recruits. Would you say that Kunkel can play at the same level as Fredrick?

 

That goes back to the question I asked earlier in the thread - who are the lowest ranked recruits Cal has brought in at UK? I think almost every recruit Cal has brought in is top 50. I don't think Tandy is top 50. If Tandy expects to play a lot as a freshman, UK is probably not going to work for him. If Cal recruits 3 guards that are much higher rated than Tandy, should he recruit Tandy? Would Tandy sign with UK if there are 3 much higher rated guards coming in with him?

  • Author
That goes back to the question I asked earlier in the thread - who are the lowest ranked recruits Cal has brought in at UK? I think almost every recruit Cal has brought in is top 50. I don't think Tandy is top 50. If Tandy expects to play a lot as a freshman, UK is probably not going to work for him. If Cal recruits 3 guards that are much higher rated than Tandy, should he recruit Tandy? Would Tandy sign with UK if there are 3 much higher rated guards coming in with him?

 

We know what Tandy’s Dad said. We still don’t know how Tandy feels other than knowing he would love a UK offer. For all we know Tandy may have the mindset that he deserves to start over the ‘elite’ recruits. History has shown that some of Cal’s ‘elite’ recruits have lived up to the hype and others haven’t. I’m sure that fact isn’t lost on Tandy. Especially if he has played against some of them already.

 

Yes. Cal should recruit Tandy.

 

Not sure. I guess we’ll have to see what happens if Tandy gets that UK offer.

 

 

At the end of the day, for me personally, I kind of hope he goes to Florida and has an outstanding career there and goes 12-0 against UK for his career. Hell, he can go to Florida and have a great career and only beat UK one time in four years and even if that happened I guarantee UK fans will be talking about how Cal dropped the ball on that one.......

 

And actually, I hope he ends up Cincinnati for my boy @gametime but since Florida is in the SEC and plays UK at least twice a year I wouldn’t have any problems with that either. Seeing him at UK and having a great career would really make me happy though.

I think he is the best player in the state in the 19 class. If he isn't good enough then I don't think we have one in the state that is good enough.

 

David Johnson is the most ready to play college player in the 19 class. He’s tough at both ends. All around. Tandy is a volume shooting “PG”, and I use PG loosely. He has no interest in setting up guys to score, and to this point has shown zero interest in guarding anyone. And before anyone says “nobody plays D in AAU”, just understand... this kid can’t guard. That could be the hold up on a UK or UL offer. Volume shooting PG’s are fun for us to watch. But they aren’t fun for coaches to coach.

David Johnson is the most ready to play college player in the 19 class. He’s tough at both ends. All around. Tandy is a volume shooting “PG”, and I use PG loosely. He has no interest in setting up guys to score, and to this point has shown zero interest in guarding anyone. And before anyone says “nobody plays D in AAU”, just understand... this kid can’t guard. That could be the hold up on a UK or UL offer. Volume shooting PG’s are fun for us to watch. But they aren’t fun for coaches to coach.

 

I admit I haven't seen Johnson as much as most probably. What I've seen from Tandy is he has the athleticism and basketball ability to play at the next level even UK in my opinion. A lot of high school players "play" a certain way because 1. they have to in order for the team to be successful; and 2. Especially on defense; they have never been held accountable for not playing good defense. I think both of those things can easily be coached away. He has the strength and athletic ability to defend.

Working and living in KY if I had a dime for every time a kid left the state and performed extremely well for any school not named UK and a UK fan said, “we should have gotten him for us, we need him” then I’d own KSR, BGP and would be deleting old tweets about my rivals in preparation for a career change.

 

Eh I think at best you would have 3 to 5 dollars only. Which would be 30 to 50 kids people may have said that about. Which out of those 30 to 50. Only 15 to 25 probably would have actually helped.

  • Author
Eh I think at best you would have 3 to 5 dollars only. Which would be 30 to 50 kids people may have said that about. Which out of those 30 to 50. Only 15 to 25 probably would have actually helped.

 

I think you are underestimating how much the average UK complains about everything on a daily basis.

  • Author
I think you are underestimating how much the average UK complains about everything on a daily basis.

 

And for the record I consider a lot of UK posters on here above average. Most of you are a breath of fresh air to talk to. Walking around in person at work with UK fans is like hosting a remote radio show of KSR.

  • Author
I admit I haven't seen Johnson as much as most probably. What I've seen from Tandy is he has the athleticism and basketball ability to play at the next level even UK in my opinion. A lot of high school players "play" a certain way because 1. they have to in order for the team to be successful; and 2. Especially on defense; they have never been held accountable for not playing good defense. I think both of those things can easily be coached away. He has the strength and athletic ability to defend.

 

This. All of this.

As others have said, if he's good enough to play there, recruit him. I personally believe he is good enough to play, and I think it would benefit them to have some guys that might actually stick around for more than a year or two. That's not the same as saying "don't go get the elite".

 

As for the debate about people wishing they could go back to 10-15 years ago.... I honestly don't know what to even say to them at this point. I certainly didn't enjoy 13 years without a Final Four. While I enjoyed some of those teams - particularly the Prince years - by the end of Tubby's era and the Billy G disaster, they weren't even fun to watch. Some people have forgotten how much those years stunk.

 

Here is the thing. People say they want more guys who stick around. Yet when a player comes here and is not elite as a freshman they say they suck. Just look at this year's team. Green, Diallo, Richards, etc. All freshman all guys who didn't walk onto the floor as freshman and dominate. You had people saying they suck, waste of a scholarship, I hope they leave and we recruit someone better. Well those guys were the guys people wanted. Guys who probably stay.

 

People dont realize players who need to stay awhile aren't going to tear it up right away.

 

Imo UK fans are unrealistic. Basically UK fans want Anthony Davis, Towns, Wall type players who dominate as freshman right away, but they want those players who dominate to also be able to stay 3 to 4 years lol. That's the only way people wouldn't complain, but that is unrealistic lol. If they are that good they won't stay. People want their cake and to eat it to basically. Can't have it both ways though.

And for the record I consider a lot of UK posters on here above average. Most of you are a breath of fresh air to talk to. Walking around in person at work with UK fans is like hosting a remote radio show of KSR.

 

BGP is literally the only place I can find tolerable UK fans... and there’s only a few of them here. :lol2:

I think you are underestimating how much the average UK complains about everything on a daily basis.

 

Ha oh I get it. My fellow UK fans are crazy. Some new people on here may not even know I am a die hard UK fan, because of how much I argue with some of my fellow crazy UK fans with some of their unrealistic things they say.

 

I just said in a post above. My fellow UK fans basically what Anthony Davis type players who dominate right away but also still 3 to 4 years haha.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.