Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK/Coach Cal/KyKy Tandy

Featured Replies

  • Author
Some act as if in-state talent going out of state is new. It's far from it.

 

Jeff Mullins. AA at Duke in the 60's. Lexington guy.

 

Vince Taylor, Lexington guy went to Duke in '80. (Because cats had Minnifield, Macy, Dwight Anderson and Shidler at guard.)

 

Kenny Higgs went to LSU as did Durand Macklin. Both Louisville products that UK missed out on or didn't recruit. No one blamed Hall for it.

 

How many Vandy players were from KY High Schools in the 70's, 80's and 90's. No one fussed about Hall or Sutton or Pitino not getting them or making room for them.

 

I’m sure people fussed about it but there wasn’t twitter or Facebook around to see the fussing.

  • Replies 174
  • Views 42.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My thing with KY guys. If there is a spot on the roster and they fit in, then great, happy to have them. But give me the best team possible and if there are no KY players for the next 10 years, so be it.

 

Yep. You fill a roster with KY kids just because they are KY kids and you'll be out of a job.

  • Author

I’ve seen plenty of reports that suggest Tandy is more than capable of playing at UK and I don’t mean in a Dominique Hawkins/Jarrod Polson/Derek Willis role.

I’m sure people fussed about it but there wasn’t twitter or Facebook around to see the fussing.

 

True. But in the circles I was around, "The Cats Pause" Fanatics, there was never any shade being thrown at "missing out" on those guys.

  • Author
Yep. You fill a roster with KY kids just because they are KY kids and you'll be out of a job.

 

You don’t have to fill a roster with KY kids but letting a KY kid go play out of state when he is good enough to play at UK is stupid.

You don’t have to fill a roster with KY kids but letting a KY kid go play out of state when he is good enough to play at UK is stupid.

 

But based on these comments from his Dad, he's not willing to play at Kentucky.

  • Author
The narrative of "UK/UL/WKU need to have in-state talent on their rosters" is one of the more annoying takes we hear annually for both football and basketball, IMO.

 

The best players from Louisville pretty much always go to UL. The kids from the BG area would love to go to WKU and more often than not WKU looks stupid for passing on them.

  • Author
But based on these comments from his Dad, he's not willing to play at Kentucky.

 

False. Those are the dad’s comments. Don’t confuse the two. Tandy is pretty much begging for a UK offer.

  • Author
True. But in the circles I was around, "The Cats Pause" Fanatics, there was never any shade being thrown at "missing out" on those guys.

 

If Rex Chapman has gone to play out of state would there have been shade thrown?

  • Author
But based on these comments from his Dad, he's not willing to play at Kentucky.

 

And for the record I loved his dad’s comments and I am enjoying the overreaction to them.

False. Those are the dad’s comments. Don’t confuse the two. Tandy is pretty much begging for a UK offer.

 

And everything I've seen seems to indicate that's it's going to come eventually. If he's not willing to wait on it, I completely get it.

 

Point is, even if he is much more capable than the recent KY kids to come to Lexington, he's going to be competing for time with 3-4 other guards that are or were all more highly regarded.

 

Now if he doesn't share his Dad's opinion, great, but I'd be willing to bet his Dad has a good idea of KyKy's thought process on it.

And for the record I loved his dad’s comments and I am enjoying the overreaction to them.

 

I have zero issue with them either. I like the bluntness and the honesty.

 

I haven't seen much/any overreaction. It is what it is. They know what the situation will be at Kentucky. If that's not what's best for him, that's cool. He's gotta do what's best for him.

  • Author
And everything I've seen seems to indicate that's it's going to come eventually. If he's not willing to wait on it, I completely get it.

 

Point is, even if he is much more capable than the recent KY kids to come to Lexington, he's going to be competing for time with 3-4 other guards that are or were all more highly regarded.

 

Now if he doesn't share his Dad's opinion, great, but I'd be willing to bet his Dad has a good idea of KyKy's thought process on it.

 

Could be. Dad is a UK fan and seems frustrated with the process. I get that. Dad probably also wants his son as close to home as possible. I get that too.

  • Author
I have zero issue with them either. I like the bluntness and the honesty.

 

I haven't seen much/any overreaction. It is what it is. They know what the situation will be at Kentucky. If that's not what's best for him, that's cool. He's gotta do what's best for him.

 

Twitter is always good for reactions. Tandy put out a tweet yesterday saying that his dad isn’t Lavar Ball he just wants the best for him.

  • Author

Working and living in KY if I had a dime for every time a kid left the state and performed extremely well for any school not named UK and a UK fan said, “we should have gotten him for us, we need him” then I’d own KSR, BGP and would be deleting old tweets about my rivals in preparation for a career change.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.