UK/Coach Cal/KyKy Tandy

I complained and still will complain about Lofton. A lot of that had to do with the fact that I loved watching him play, but he was begging to come to Kentucky. From what I've read, and regardless of what his Dad says, Tandy is too. I wouldn't complain a bit if Cal offered Tandy, but PG is a position that is vitally important to Cal & his system. Tandy will sit the bench for at least a year if he comes to Lexington. I think he's good enough to get a scholarship at UK, but I don't think he's good enough to be an impact player in one year & maybe two.

I complained and still will complain about Lofton. A lot of that had to do with the fact that I loved watching him play, but he was begging to come to Kentucky. From what I've read, and regardless of what his Dad says, Tandy is too. I wouldn't complain a bit if Cal offered Tandy, but PG is a position that is vitally important to Cal & his system. Tandy will sit the bench for at least a year if he comes to Lexington. I think he's good enough to get a scholarship at UK, but I don't think he's good enough to be an impact player in one year & maybe two.

But isn’t a player who will be there for 3-4 years as an impact player something UK fans want now? Or is that just what they say when UK loses conference road games?

But isn’t a player who will be there for 3-4 years as an impact player something UK fans want now? Or is that just what they say when UK loses conference road games?

I'd love to have that type of player. I can't speak to this player in particular. But I don't want that player over 5 star recruits. And the bigger question, does that player want to probably be a bench player the first couple of years because it will be difficult finding time with the level of recruits that are coming in. That player has to be willing to probably sacrifice a lot of time as a freshman, sophomore, and maybe even his whole career. Hard to ask a kid to do that unless its their dream to wear the Kentucky jersey and worth sacrificing time for it.

We've recruited those guys and they tend to not stick around because they want to actually play or they wound up being much better than expected (e.g. Charles Matthews and Tyler Ulis).

A number of UK fans are going to complain regardless of who is brought in. Most were elated when Cal got here because recruiting would dramatically change. Now recruiting has dramatically changed and a lot are clamoring for the kind of recruiting we had 10 or 15 years ago.

I want the best players who aren't morons off the court. For the most part, Cal has done well getting those types. I would love for him to get in-state kids, but only if they can play.

A little research shows Duke did not offer any of the top 3 players in North Carolina in the 2018 class.

North Carolina only offered 1 of the top 3.

Basically, you recruit the players that best fit your team.

Now recruiting has dramatically changed and a lot are clamoring for the kind of recruiting we had 10 or 15 years ago.

Which will never make any sense to me. I don't understand that fraction of the BBN. This team didn't go to Final Fours with how they recruited 10-15 years ago.