Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK/Coach Cal/KyKy Tandy

Featured Replies

Maybe NKY isn't representative of the rest of the state, but man, I don't know where you find these UK fans you guys are always talking about. :lol2:

 

I've always just assumed that the further south you go, the crazier they get. NKY seems to have much more rationale UK fans. Wonder why that is.

  • Replies 174
  • Views 42.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I've always just assumed that the further south you go, the crazier they get. NKY seems to have much more rationale UK fans. Wonder why that is.

 

Because you all still have Cincinnati sports to root for that occupies your time. Once you get further south all people have is that they are emotionally invested in is UK basketball.

  • Author
You're right, he may.

 

I don't understand why we're going under the assumption that he wants to go there but they don't want him. If they weren't interested, they wouldn't be recruiting him.

 

Agreed. As an outsider looking in I would love to see him at UK. While I am not a member of BBN I have always had a soft spot for kids from KY who play at UK. I enjoy watching kids’ dreams come true and when you see a kid from KY in a UK uniform you know that it is a dream come true for him.

I like seeing KY kids get a spot as well but only if they are the best for the spot. As a fan I put talent and fit above where a kid is from. I want my team to win first an foremost so most of the time that leaves the KY kids on the outside.

It's not just at UK, I hear that same thing at all the schools. Morehead State gets a lot of heat for not having many Kentucky kids, as well.

 

It's fine to have a kid on the roster if he can play. I'm all for it. But UK isn't winning with a roster loaded with Kentucky kids. It just is what it is.

If KyKy is as good as some say then if he is offered I would take the scholly and earn the PT if I'm confident in my ability. It's not like Cal bases playing time on star rankings. For the most part he will play who is playing better. We saw it this year at the PG position.

 

If the kid is good enough I hope Cal offers. But I trust Cal.

  • Author
Here is the thing. People say they want more guys who stick around. Yet when a player comes here and is not elite as a freshman they say they suck. Just look at this year's team. Green, Diallo, Richards, etc. All freshman all guys who didn't walk onto the floor as freshman and dominate. You had people saying they suck, waste of a scholarship, I hope they leave and we recruit someone better. Well those guys were the guys people wanted. Guys who probably stay.

 

People dont realize players who need to stay awhile aren't going to tear it up right away.

 

Imo UK fans are unrealistic. Basically UK fans want Anthony Davis, Towns, Wall type players who dominate as freshman right away, but they want those players who dominate to also be able to stay 3 to 4 years lol. That's the only way people wouldn't complain, but that is unrealistic lol. If they are that good they won't stay. People want their cake and to eat it to basically. Can't have it both ways though.

 

I missed this post earlier. I hate I missed it.

 

This post is part of the reasoning behind me starting this thread. With everything we heard this year from UK fans I can’t help but think a player like Tandy would have been a breath of fresh air for everyone.

  • Author
It's not just at UK, I hear that same thing at all the schools. Morehead State gets a lot of heat for not having many Kentucky kids, as well.

 

It's fine to have a kid on the roster if he can play. I'm all for it. But UK isn't winning with a roster loaded with Kentucky kids. It just is what it is.

 

How is one kid who we all can agree is talented enough to have a good career at UK being turned into a roster loaded with KY kids? That isn’t the discussion. This is simply about KyKy and whether he is good enough to play at a UK. Not about loading the roster with KY kids. That would make it a how to get PP92 to join BBN thread.

How is one kid who we all can agree is talented enough to have a good career at UK being turned into a roster loaded with KY kids? That isn’t the discussion. This is simply about KyKy and whether he is good enough to play at a UK. Not about loading the roster with KY kids. That would make it a how to get PP92 to join BBN thread.

 

You're already a closeted fan. Admit it!

  • Author
You're already a closeted fan. Admit it!

 

I’ve always said that I don’t hate UK. I’m definitely not a member of BBN either though. I like Louisville more than UK. Even more now that Rick Pitino is gone.

I’ve always said that I don’t hate UK. I’m definitely not a member of BBN either though. I like Louisville more than UK. Even more now that Rick Pitino is gone.

 

I like Louisville too...especially now.

I missed this post earlier. I hate I missed it.

 

This post is part of the reasoning behind me starting this thread. With everything we heard this year from UK fans I can’t help but think a player like Tandy would have been a breath of fresh air for everyone.

 

Maybe. Would depend on who he is surrounded with, how he does, and how the team does. Say he was on this past years team that was the youngest in the country, and he had to play a lot but didn't look great. There would have been a lot of people saying he sucks, he shouldn't be here, this is why they shouldn't get KY kids just because.

 

Just look at Green. He was a McDonalds All American. Every big school in the country was after him. Yet since he didn't walk on to the court and dominate. People said he sucks, shouldn't have been here, etc.

 

I want to see Tandy come here. However it would only be a breath of fresh air if he doesn't have to play much his first year because of a loaded roster. Or if he does have to play a lot because of many people leaving the Year before. Then he better be able to play very good as a freshman or people will be quick to turn on him if he doesn't play well and the team struggles.

@chrisFisher247

 

KyKy Tandy says he hasn't heard from Kentucky since his father's comments back in the spring. More later.

@chrisFisher247

 

KyKy Tandy says he hasn't heard from Kentucky since his father's comments back in the spring. More later.

 

Is his dad Lavar Ball?

Is his dad Lavar Ball?

 

Not yet, but give it time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.