UK/Coach Cal/KyKy Tandy

KyKy Tandy is one of the most hyped players from KY in a while. Tandy holds offers from various D-1 schools across the country as is seen as a 4 star recruit. Lately there has been some clamoring in the state of KY for Cal to put some instate talent on the team. Tandy seems to be the obvious choice to have a chance to play for Calipari at UK but that offer has yet to come.

Will that offer come? Should that offer come?

Tandy’s Father, Keith Torian, has had some things to say about the lack of an offer from UK. The main quote floating around is that Tandy isn’t coming to UK to be a bench player with 3-4 other PGs on the roster. I can’t say I blame Torian for that thought process. For an instate kid that UK offer is everything. However, if you can go play anywhere else without a logjam at your position then I can’t see why you wouldn’t.

Thoughts?

Kentucky recruiting: Father of in-state star KyKy Tandy not holding breath for Wildcats offer

Cal's job is to build a roster with the best players he can get at each spot. If that means he's got 3-4 5* guards on the roster ahead of a guy like Tandy, then so be it.

Likewise, Tandy's "job" is to find a school that offers him the best chances to be successful and is the best fit for his game and goals.

If those two jobs line up and are a match at Kentucky, great. If not, so be it. Both have to do what's in their best interests.

The narrative of "UK/UL/WKU need to have in-state talent on their rosters" is one of the more annoying takes we hear annually for both football and basketball, IMO.

Amen! It is awesome to have the in-state folks, but if these schools are reliant upon it then the programs have much bigger issues.

"Where's Richie???"

The narrative of "UK/UL/WKU need to have in-state talent on their rosters" is one of the more annoying takes we hear annually for both football and basketball, IMO.

Not to mention a horrible take if you actually want your team to be successful.

agree but if there is one that can play there then they should recruit them. Honestly there are very few that can play at UL or UK or the years.

agree but if there is one that can play there then they should recruit them. Honestly there are very few that can play at UL or UK or the years.

But, would he play here next year? Would seem he wouldn't and I don't know much about KyKy but I'd think he'd be on the pine for at least next year.

This kid is 2018, right?

Some act as if in-state talent going out of state is new. It's far from it.

Jeff Mullins. AA at Duke in the 60's. Lexington guy.

Vince Taylor, Lexington guy went to Duke in '80. (Because cats had Minnifield, Macy, Dwight Anderson and Shidler at guard.)

Kenny Higgs went to LSU as did Durand Macklin. Both Louisville products that UK missed out on or didn't recruit. No one blamed Hall for it.

How many Vandy players were from KY High Schools in the 70's, 80's and 90's. No one fussed about Hall or Sutton or Pitino not getting them or making room for them.

But why recruit him if he's not going to play?