Brossart 39 Newport Central Catholic 38

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could not attend, but saw the video of the screen at the end of the game.

Don't want to take anything away from Brossart but I would love to know the free throw differential. Some of the charge calls were so bad.

I assume CAP is referring to the block shot at the end of the game that was as clean of a block as you can get. If memory serves me correct Brossart had 3 more fouls than NC did in the first half and NC had 5 more in the second half which would be a 2 foul difference. The impact from the officals was equal.

I assume CAP is referring to the block shot at the end of the game that was as clean of a block as you can get. If memory serves me correct Brossart had 3 more fouls than NC did in the first half and NC had 5 more in the second half which would be a 2 foul difference. The impact from the officals was equal.

No it was a clean block I am talking about the charge that fouled a NCC girl out of the game. Then at the end the charge at half court wasn't called. I am talking about the free throw comparison. Also should have been several over the back calls as well.

No it was a clean block I am talking about the charge that fouled a NCC girl out of the game. Then at the end the charge at half court wasn't called. I am talking about the free throw comparison. Also should have been several over the back calls as well.

I will disagree on the charge call due to the fact when you lead with the off arm that will lead to an offensive foul. As for the over the back calls if there is no contact with the opposing player then it's not over the back even if the rebounder reaching over the shoulder to get the ball. I know we both watched this game with blinders on but to say this game was not decided by these girls on the court is just wrong and takes away from their hard work.

What is an “over the back” foul??

I was at the game and have to say I have never seen players complain to the refs after EVERY (and I do mean EVERY call ) like the girls from NCC do- the ref finally warned them and when it continued they assessed them with a technical foul- but they were warned- The head coach didn't seem to complain any more than any other coach

I will disagree on the charge call due to the fact when you lead with the off arm that will lead to an offensive foul. As for the over the back calls if there is no contact with the opposing player then it's not over the back even if the rebounder reaching over the shoulder to get the ball. I know we both watched this game with blinders on but to say this game was not decided by these girls on the court is just wrong and takes away from their hard work.

I didn't watch with blinders on and I agree if you are straight up or no contact on a rebound there is no foul but on some ones back is. On a free throw she was clearly on her back. The no call at the end was clearly a charge whether you had blinders on or not. Take the blinders off for a minute and asses the refs fairly. Again I would love to know the free throw difference.

In all fairness Mike Goins isn’t assigning his best officials to a girls game vs. an opponent out of the Bluegrass Basketball Associations area. I’m sure the refs weren’t that bad.

They were pretty bad, the one guy a lot more than the other 2 was pretty bad.