Brossart 39 Newport Central Catholic 38

I was at the game and have to say I have never seen players complain to the refs after EVERY (and I do mean EVERY call ) like the girls from NCC do- the ref finally warned them and when it continued they assessed them with a technical foul- but they were warned- The head coach didn't seem to complain any more than any other coach

I am been to a few of the NCC girls games and a couple of the girls who complained never ever complain.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not blinders but I bet you were looking through your blue and gold goggles. So just to confirm these refs were bad but they were only bad towards NCC? They were good for Broasart but bad for NCC or they were bad for both? Typically a bad official is just bad not just bad for one team unless your just part of the fan base that lost the game. Don't bothering answering I already know the answer.

In all fairness Mike Goins isn’t assigning his best officials to a girls game vs. an opponent out of the Bluegrass Basketball Associations area. I’m sure the refs weren’t that bad.

Especially on a Friday night with a lot of boys district/regional contests going on. Heard one of the refs also does 9th region games? I've seen a few this year that ref for both the 9th region and the bluegrass.

Maybe not blinders but I bet you were looking through your blue and gold goggles. So just to confirm these refs were bad but they were only bad towards NCC? They were good for Broasart but bad for NCC or they were bad for both? Typically a bad official is just bad not just bad for one team unless your just part of the fan base that lost the game. Don't bothering answering I already know the answer.

Were you there?

Were you there?

I was not there but I didn't need to be I've read the same story on here hundreds of times. The team that lost blames the officials they were horrible and worst game ever officiating . All calls went Brossarts way and against NCC . The refs decided before the game they wanted Brossart to win and helped them out. Do I have it right? Many posters have said on here they did go and you have shot them all down and said what you saw is correct and what they saw was wrong or seen with blinders. So I'm guessing you would tell me I'm wrong also. I've also learned now from your post if one team shoots 31 free throw and other 20 then you got screwed also. Seems to me from mustangs post the biggest factor in the game wasn't the refs but the fact the Brossart freshman Kiefer had 17 points and 19 rebounds. Seems maybe she was a problem for NCC to handle but maybe not since you have only mentioned refs were why you lost or perhaps the refs helped her out also. I've also read your football posts where NCC didn't have a great football season but that was the coaches fault. NCC has struggled in sports some this year maybe it's not just the refs and bad coaches maybe they just have lost some games cause the other teams are just maybe, possibly, unbelievably...... better this year.

I was not there but I didn't need to be I've read the same story on here hundreds of times. The team that lost blames the officials they were horrible and worst game ever officiating . All calls went Brossarts way and against NCC . The refs decided before the game they wanted Brossart to win and helped them out. Do I have it right? Many posters have said on here they did go and you have shot them all down and said what you saw is correct and what they saw was wrong or seen with blinders. So I'm guessing you would tell me I'm wrong also. I've also learned now from your post if one team shoots 31 free throw and other 20 then you got screwed also. Seems to me from mustangs post the biggest factor in the game wasn't the refs but the fact the Brossart freshman Kiefer had 17 points and 19 rebounds. Seems maybe she was a problem for NCC to handle but maybe not since you have only mentioned refs were why you lost or perhaps the refs helped her out also. I've also read your football posts where NCC didn't have a great football season but that was the coaches fault. NCC has struggled in sports some this year maybe it's not just the refs and bad coaches maybe they just have lost some games cause the other teams are just maybe, possibly, unbelievably...... better this year.

That's right you weren't there enough said.

As for football, is that same coach coming back but then again you have all the answers but haven't been there to see them.

Make sure you dissect other threads without actually witnessing what others do because they are actually there.

Kinda beating a dead horse by now.. I was there and yes, the NCC girls complained continuously. Now that could be because the game wasn't officiated like they are used to. Hard for me to say as I haven't seen them this year, but it was noticeable. Kind of like when you tell your daughter something she doesn't want to hear and she goes stomping off to her room and slams the door. Oh, and with the eye roll too. ;-)

As for the "over the back" non-calls, what I saw were shorter NCC girls having position but not reaching for the ball. They weren't extending their arms which may have led to them getting some calls. Kiefer merely reached over them. Minimal body contact was made most times.