39th District 2006-07

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word has it that Cox will definitely go out for basketball; Marshall does not strike me as having a basketball body. Cox may be able to help replace Mikah Turner up front.

Word on the street is that Cox benches around 315 is that true???? If so and he is halfway decent in basketball he could be a big banger on the boards for Mason!!!!:ylsuper:

Ok, AHS.... I can see u r a homer and thats ok..... but take if from someone who has roots at bracken, a-town, and st.pat.... mason county is the man. U must beat them to be the man. Oh and St.pat returns 4 starters Yeary, Englert, OWENS, anderson, ....sixth man William Newton few others....

Real rankings

1. The County

2. The Patties

3. The Bears

4. River to the region

Ok, AHS.... I can see u r a homer and thats ok..... but take if from someone who has roots at bracken, a-town, and st.pat.... mason county is the man. U must beat them to be the man. Oh and St.pat returns 4 starters Yeary, Englert, OWENS, anderson, ....sixth man William Newton few others....

Real rankings

1. The County

2. The Patties

3. The Bears

4. River to the region

I think St. Pat and Bracken are about dead even, and A-Town isnt too far behind. HOWEVER... No one will beat the county in district play for a while... a LONG while!

Real rankings

1. The County

2. The Patties

3. The Bears

4. River to the region

Brother are you ranking St. Pat. #2 because its your brothers team? They may return 4 starters but if u dont keep Yeary's dad out of the gym we wont play for nothing, Anderson is a good shooter but hes still too immature with the ball he cant hold onto it, Englert still cant hold the pressure that most teams throw at him, William Newton will never play up to the potential that hes had for years, Owens yea great player good shooter he could turn some heads in the region, but he needs a team behind him to do so. St. Pat. lost a big player last year Estill, not in points wise but in leadership wise. He kept the team together when they most needed it and after playin against and with the 5 players u listed i dont think any of them have wut it takes to take over that responsibiltly. I may be wrong but i just have not seen it in any of the players.

I have to agree with bears and patties being close, but the river school is the only school that is not on my upset alert, not enough bench. Lost there huge shootin threat and no one to fill his shoes on defense. They will however have Shooty Staggs back but has to test that knee first.

Yea the river school might not have done much last year in the begining but later on in the season they turned around. Yea they lost a shooter but i wouldnt say a huge shooter they still have shooters matt groves and jeremy hardymon(who if i remember correct gave ur brother a big fit in the game against them at augusta with 40 points i believe.) also what i seen over the summer and what iv heard from a good friend of mine they also have some young guns that have proved to hit the shot. Im sure that the Panthers are very happy to have Staggs back too i look for him to be a big board banger this year. Im betting that gaurd White is real happy to have him comnsidering he didnt get to play a game with him last year. BOTTOM LINE DONT COUNT AUGUSTA OUT TOO EARLY..

I have to agree with bears and patties being close, but the river school is the only school that is not on my upset alert, not enough bench. Lost there huge shootin threat and no one to fill his shoes on defense. They will however have Shooty Staggs back but has to test that knee first.

Do your homework! I did mine. Augusta has the deepest bench in the all "A" this year. Their five will probably be White, Hardymon, Staggs, Groves and probably Cummins, a pest with on-the-ball defense. Their bench is very deep. 6'7" sophomore, Chris Mofford should help Staggs down low and excite the Panther's Den with something they aren't accustomed to, a slam dunk. I saw Mofford have a few jams this summer against some quality competition. Their purest athlete, sophomore Bradye Hamilton will provide much needed rest for Hardymon and Groves and the kid is a phenomenal scorer for his young age and his inexperience, transferring from the county (Mason) where he nor Staggs made the cut. Derek Fryman (junior) will be a back up point guard, he's quick and will be used when White has a smaller defender he can post up against. Fryman got some playing time last season. Other sophomores who will see some PT are Ryan Kelsch, Shawn White, and Ty Krebs. Kelsch (coming off back surgery) and White can light it up from beyond the arc, ONE THING AUGUSTA WILL NEVER LACK ARE SHOTTING THREATS, and Krebs is a banger downlow who reminds me a lot of Staggs.

Their main liabilty is not their bench it's team defense. Gallagher was a decent one-on-one defender, he was lost to graduation from a year ago. Other than Cummins and White, I don't see anyone who even wants to play "D". Team defense should have been their main focal point in the off season, we'll see.

Thats great, and ur right Jeremy did score 40 point on us last year in a loss!!!!! The game they won Levi was the difference ask there coach i did. His defense and shooting WILL BE UN MATCHED. As far as the deepest team in the class A brossart still hold that distinction with endless 6'8 guys and several guards. As far as the mofford kid goes i wish him all the best, but he couldn't chew gum and walk at the same time last year!! As a sophomore maybe u should give him time to devolope before you build him up like that. As far as the saints go we will have plenty of chances to settle it this year as we meet 2 times and possibilities of 2-3 more with the class A, district, and the Bracken Christmas tourney. I will be on the sidelines for all, cya in the stands.

Mason County is not only the best in the district but probably the region with good matchup with GRC! Mason will always , and I mean always be best in this district. Does A-town even play Mason County, I know the other two in the past have but where is Atown, playing KSD?

As far as district all lost big time players

Atown- Gallagher- will be hard to replace- Didnt Bracken Handle them in the summer easily???

St Pat- Lost Estill- hard to lose your Point and be good right off!!!

Bracken Co- 3 seniors? and the most important one of them all- thier COACH!

Great race for 2nd and the draw will decide who gets to the region much like it did last year. Good luck to all, but no one beats Mason as they draw into the region semis every year practically going in as a winner.