Auburn 27 Florida 17

oldrambler

Arkansas has to lose twice. Even if LSU does beat them, they'll still be a game ahead of them, and own the tie-breaker over Auburn. Arkansas has a great shot of winning the SEC West right now.

I think they play Georgia, Florida, LSU, and Tennessee still....No way do they win 3 of those 4.

Auburn vs. Florida in the SEC Title game: Winner plays for the NC vs. tO$U/Mich winner.

^ I don't think so, not if U of L is undefeated. You see SOS does not count the second time that you play a team, so if Auburn -vs- Florida were to come to fruition, that game would not count, except that the loser would be ousted. If U of L beats WVU handily, then beats another ranked team, maybe two. Their SOS will be highly improved, meaning that their computer ranking would be high, I would see them as the #2 BCS spot, IFF USC has lost.

:thumb: Although it's very conceivable that Ar-Kansas could drop two more.

I agree. Tennessee, LSU, Ole Miss and Mississippi State remain. They should beat the Mississippi teams, but LSU and UT are going to be two tough games for the hogs. The good news is that they get both at home. All they have to do is win one of those, and the west is theirs. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

That is also assuming neither Auburn nor LSU lose again. That's not a given either.

I just wanted to clarify that Arkansas basically has a two game lead over both Auburn and LSU, so it will take more than one loss to get Auburn back in the hunt.

It's not likely that Auburn will lose again. Their schedule is pretty easy from here on out, IMO. So, I think it's either going to be a one-loss Arkansas or a one-loss Auburn as the West Division Champ. One-loss applying to conference schedule only, of course.

I think they play Georgia, Florida, LSU, and Tennessee still....No way do they win 3 of those 4.

Auburn vs. Florida in the SEC Title game: Winner plays for the NC vs. tO$U/Mich winner.

Arkansas' remaining conference schedule looks like this...

Mississippi

@ South Carolina

Tennessee

@ Mississippi State

LSU

I have serious doubts that they'll take 4 of those 5, but the Mississippi games should be gimmes. I would consider Arkansas a slight favorite against South Carolina, but that one could go either way. I would consider them solid underdogs against UT and LSU, but they do get those games at home. I wouldn't be surprised either way this one turns out, but if I had to bet on it, I'd bet that Arkansas loses at least two, while Auburn runs the table and wins the West.

It looks like Florida and Auburn are in pretty good position right now because their schedules ease up greatly. The only potential loss on the Gators' remaining schedule is Georgia, and it's highly doubtful at this point that the Dogs have enough to win that game. But, it's a big rivalry, so strange things happen in that one sometimes.

I think Tennessee is the best team in the SEC, so if Florida does stumble, I think the Vols will take the East.

Arkansas has to lose twice. Even if LSU does beat them, they'll still be a game ahead of them, and own the tie-breaker over Auburn. Arkansas has a great shot of winning the SEC West right now.

I realize that 5wide, it just wouldn't suprise me a bit to see Arkansas lose twice. One will be vs. LSU and someone else could verey well get them. That "someone else has a heck of a team!" and always spoils someones party.:D :lol:

I realize that 5wide, it just wouldn't suprise me a bit to see Arkansas lose twice. One will be vs. LSU and someone else could verey well get them. That "someone else has a heck of a team!" and always spoils someones party.:D :lol:

Honestly, I think they'll lose to both Tennessee and LSU. And, quite possibly to the "Ol' Ball Coach". So, I'm with you. I just wasn't sure everyone realized that from the original posts regarding Arkansas.

I think when it's all said and done, the SEC West will play out pretty close to predictions...

1. Auburn

2. LSU

3. Arkansas (instead of 'Bama)

I really feel that Auburn is the better team, and this two headed QB issue is not going to bode any better later this season.

I wasn't sold on Florida all season. I really thought Auburn would get them, especially coming off the loss to Arkansas. The SEC has some really good teams, but none of them seem to have it all together in every aspect. Tennessee is the closest to having a complete team, and they've been the most impressive to me, but that loss to Florida has probably doomed them.

Here's a rundown...

LSU - Jamarcus Russell. Need I say more?

Auburn - Just don't seem to have it all together. Or maybe I'm just overestimating their talent. In any case, they haven't been as good as I expected.

Florida - They're kinda like Auburn to me. There just seems to be something missing. They are very good, but not dominant like a title contender needs to be.

Tennessee - Like I said, they've been the most impressive to my eyes. The offense is explosive...if they could just do it consistently. The defense is like the offense, can be smothering, but needs to do it consistently.

Georgia - Dissappointing. Mark Richt has to find a QB. If he does, they could be a spoiler down the stretch...especially against Florida.

Arkansas - They've been a nice surprise, but I think they'll get exposed with a tough remaining schedule.

Alabama - I expected them to be a lot better than they've shown. Who is the real 'Bama? The team that played Florida well, or the team that struggled to beat Duke.

South Carolina - A very dangerous team with Newton at QB and a very good defense, IMO. They're just not quite ready for the prime time of the SEC.

...the rest, Kentucky, Vandy, Ole Miss, Mississippi State...UK is improved, but still not ready to beat a good SEC team. Vandy has been very competitive this year. The Mississippi teams are abysmal.