Couch biggest NFL bust ever?

In another thread we were discussing the best highschool football/basketball player ever in Kentucky... Of course Tim Couch's name came up a lot and deservedly so.

But my question is Tim Couch the biggest bust/flop ever in the NFL?

IMO being a #1 pick and having the career Couch did only compares to the outlandish Brian Bosworth... but I still think Couch top's the list.

Your thoughts.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Eagle whats up with the carson avatar and your location says cheering for the black and gold?:confused:

I'm guessing he's a Johnson Central Golden Eagle fan who likes the Bengals...Black and Gold are the colors at JCHS...

As for the question at hand, Ryan Leaf has to be the biggest I think...

Seems like this topic comes up near the start of every NFL season.

Leaf and Akili Smith and Klingler should all be considered as the biggest busts. There is a long list in one of those threads.

I agree. Couch actually did look like he could play when he got protection. The others never really showed that at all.

I agree with the rest. This is not even close.

Games: Couch 62, Leaf 26

Completions: Couch 1025, Leaf 317

Attempts: Couch 1714, Leaf 655

Percentage: Couch 59.8, Leaf 48.4

Yards: Couch 11,131, Leaf 3666

Yards / Attempt: Couch 6.5, Leaf 5.6

Touchdowns: Couch 64, Leaf 14

Interceptions: Couch 67, Leaf 36

In another thread we were discussing the best highschool football/basketball player ever in Kentucky... Of course Tim Couch's name came up a lot and deservedly so.

But my question is Tim Couch the biggest bust/flop ever in the NFL?

IMO being a #1 pick and having the career Couch did only compares to the outlandish Brian Bosworth... but I still think Couch top's the list.

Your thoughts.

I see that you're new so I guess they'll let it slide, but this is brought up atleast once a month and it's clear that he's nowhere near the biggest NFL bust of all-time. Ryan Leaf is my choice. Couch on the other hand had decent seasons when he played he was just put in a terrible situation. He had no offensive line to protect him, and at that time he had no real WR's to throw too.

Guys you cant perform if you dont have protection and your not overly mobile. Its as simple as that. Couch was dissapointing and but look at Drew Bledsoe. Hes a great QB when he has time, otherwise hes not. Now Im not saying he is as good as Peyton Manning, because he definitly is not. But every year Manning ends up having a mediocre game in the Playoffs and the Colts get beat out. And thats because defenses find a way to get to him and sack him some.

Tim Couch's situation is sad, but he is a bust simply because he was the #1 pick and what, 7 years later hes no longer in the league.