Zach Kiernan has Verballed to Louisville

02Ram54

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for filling out the frame, look at Giacomini for Louisville. Starting left tackle, and coming out of high school he was looking to get a scholarship to play power forward.

I don't know what Giacomini was like in high school but he is ENORMOUS. He's easily the biggest man I have ever been around.

He will play DE at Louisville.

Is he explosive enough to play end at that level? He'll be plenty big enough, but will he be able to beat OT's off the line on his pass rush. I work with a guy who's little brother played at St. X Cincinnati last year and is at Boston College this year. They both had the same frame 6'6-6'7 240 lbs, but Alex ran something around a 4.6, which is exceptional for a DE. On top of that his vert, the best marker for explosiveness, was in the high 30"s. That's where I see DE's heading in college, everyone looking for the next Julius Peppers. I think that Zack will fill out into a good Offensive Tackle, or a good DT. I don't see him playing DE, but I may be wrong.

Is he explosive enough to play end at that level? He'll be plenty big enough, but will he be able to beat OT's off the line on his pass rush. I work with a guy who's little brother played at St. X Cincinnati last year and is at Boston College this year. They both had the same frame 6'6-6'7 240 lbs, but Alex ran something around a 4.6, which is exceptional for a DE. On top of that his vert, the best marker for explosiveness, was in the high 30"s. That's where I see DE's heading in college, everyone looking for the next Julius Peppers. I think that Zack will fill out into a good Offensive Tackle, or a good DT. I don't see him playing DE, but I may be wrong.

All good points but I believe UL is projecting him as a DE at least initially.

I don't know what Giacomini was like in high school but he is ENORMOUS. He's easily the biggest man I have ever been around.
I had a class with him fall of his freshman year, and I can't believe he's so big now. He was tall, and not lanky but smallish. I was worried about him being able to block playing TE.:lol:

That same article refers to Kiernan as having made an oral comittment to Louisville. That's as solid as you can be, at this point in the year.

I mean, Duran Jefferson verballed to UK, but they mentioned in that article that he was still open to other offers. He's still a verbal.

That same article refers to Kiernan as having made an oral comittment to Louisville. That's as solid as you can be, at this point in the year.

I mean, Duran Jefferson verballed to UK, but they mentioned in that article that he was still open to other offers. He's still a verbal.

True, but I just get the feeling he's waiting for something else.