South Oldham 35 Highlands 34

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few quick comments (I'm tired and just now thawing out...LOL)

First off, KUDOS TO ALL THE KIDS ON THE FIELD tonight for both teams. Both squads played their hearts out, IMO, and both had something the other had trouble with (HHS passing, South running)....

In a game with this little margin for error, it was destined to all come down to a few errors, a few big plays, and a few lucky bounces. Kudos to the guys who dug down deep and made those plays...

....Cramer's incredible 53 yard TD pass to Venemen on a busted play where Cramer somehow escaped a seeming sure sack, rolled away from the pressure, and found his receiver wide open deep downfield for the TD...

....Keaton Martin's 177 yard rushing night and 4 TDs for the Dragons.... (we had a typo on the game update thread for Martin)

....Colton Bowlden's 150 yards rushing for South - on just 9 carries

....The fourth and 17 play that South converted with a 21 yard Zaubi pass to Colton Bowlden

....the onside kick. Spencer Laws was perfect on his five PATs, but this onside kick was outstanding.

....Wilson's two TD night for the Birds - one through the air and one on the ground

....the potentially game saving fumble recovery by South's J.T. Benson....

....Veneman's two TD game for the Bluebirds in the final game of his brilliant career.

Congrats to all these guys, and their teammates. This was a great game - not necessarily always in terms of execution, but in terms of drama and sheer entertainment value on a COLD COLD night. These kids showed us all tonight what it means to compete as hard as you possibly can for 48 minutes. Parents, coaches, and fans from both sides should be proud.

Good luck to the Dragons....they have a tough road next week against CovCath.

Congrats to the Bluebirds on a fine season, and best of luck next year.

Finally, thanks so much to all the BGPreps folks who were kind enough to make nice comments about our broadcast, and especially to the person who helped me with the pronunciation of two of the Highlands' players. We didn't get any info on pronunciations and were kind of on our own....(thanks!)

CM

I agree with that. Just asking if you used to be the top dog now the "rival" you owned for years is the top dog and rolling while you struggle. Does that add the the want-need to clean house

Nope. Last two years not enough even if the rival is now top dog. For now house is BW's, unless he whats to move on.

Birds return nice core of key players

Looks like offensive line will be a major need for kids to fill.

Offense- QB-Cramer, RB-Schwalbach, WR's- King, Roberts, G-T.Johnson.

Defense- LB's- M. Schwalbach, Bowman, Huddleston DL- Sisson, Lewin, Downard, OLB's- Starkey, Delegrange, CB's- Armstrong, Brass,

Safety- Ahlfeld

Defense should be very experienced and much improved next year. Several Sophomores got key playing time. They probably could use a Beefy DL but they should be fast and athletic.

The off-season weightlifting program should be interesting to see just how dedicated these Birds are and how hungry they will be to return to the top.

Q - certainly not directed at you, nor JOAT. Plenty of insulting, snarky nonsense over the years from others.

Conspicuous absence in 16 & 17...

Always wondered what it would be like if there were lean years in Ft Tom, at least as it relates to posting.

Now I know.

The lack of HHS posters here has nothing to do with wins and losses. Just sayin’

I’m not surprised that SO won. I said at the beginning of the year after watching HHS vs Cooper that this team was not as good as last years team and so many told me that was I didn’t know what I was talking about and that the this years team was so much better. I wonder if those same people feel the same.

Good luck to all the seniors.