South Oldham 35 Highlands 34

Jumper_Dad

I think I agree with you but need more information. Can Bowman kick a 50 yarder in the colder weather? Also, was the wind against him? If so, there may not have been a choice.

He has a great leg but if the line doesnt break down and require Cramer to scramble on those last two throws he maybe couldve gotten em closer for Bowman to come in and try to win it from maybe 40 instead of 50.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Key mistakes in the game for Birds

- going for 2 on first TD

- INT thrown in endzone that wouldve put them up 2 TD's with great momentum

- 2nd half defense

- Inability to field onside kick

- Unfortunate fumble on what seemed like a drive to go ahead.

- Breakdown in line play at end forcing Cramer to scramble and throw 2 straight incompletions to end their hopes.

Congrats to all of the Birds Seniors and their efforts. Kids like Michael Dunn, Joe Steiden, Griffin Huber, Nick Vennaman, Larry Wilson, Harrison Traylor, Jared Wogan all were model kids on the field to just name a few and wish them the best along with the rest.

Right and I am sure most of the fans who went to the game are cold and not in the mood to log onto BGP.

Q - certainly not directed at you, nor JOAT. Plenty of insulting, snarky nonsense over the years from others.

Conspicuous absence in 16 & 17...

Always wondered what it would be like if there were lean years in Ft Tom, at least as it relates to posting.

Now I know.

Thoughts on the best candidates for the soon-to-be-open Highlands head coaching job?

I would like to see a change but like a lot of people are saying, ain't happening. Just not that important under this FTIS regime.

Good luck to SO next week. Unfortunately for them CCH is the absolute real deal. Wouldn't have mattered imo but still would have like to see the Birds again next week verses the Colonels.

Let's not forget the failure to score to end the 1st half. Even if you only get a FG, you win the game. INT on 2nd & goal from the 3 with 22.7 seconds kept SO in the game.

Too conservative with 3 & out in the 4th Q after stopping SO on 4th down (after allowing SO to convert a 4th & 17 to even keep the drive alive).

2 PT conversion on 1st TD?

Failure to call timeout after SO failed to score on 1st & goal with 2:00 left in 4Q. You have 3 of them. If they don't score, you run the clock out. If they do (which you knew they would), you've got 30+ more seconds on the clock to drive to try to score a FG or TD to go ahead.

3 turnovers including the above INT and a fumble on the drive when down 1 and under 2:00 in 4Q

All of the above is sub-optimal.