Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Oldham 35 Highlands 34

Featured Replies

DO NOT GO THERE!! Brian Weinrich will turn this program around.

 

That’s crazy talk right there..

  • Replies 126
  • Views 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m not surprised that SO won. I said at the beginning of the year after watching HHS vs Cooper that this team was not as good as last years team and so many told me that was I didn’t know what I was talking about and that the this years team was so much better. I wonder if those same people feel the same.

Good luck to all the seniors.

 

Both teams were not very good but this team definitely performed better. Last year had a losing record and 1st round playoff loss. This year a winning record and just a 4th quarter meltdown away from getting pummeled in the third round.

Very happy for my Dragons. This is a team with a lot of heart that for three years has shown a lot of grit in the playoffs. In 2015 they came back in the last minute to win the 2nd round game. In 2016 they were down 14 in the 4th quarter of the Regional Final and came back on won. Last night they were down 13 in the 4th and found a way. No quit in these kids. Couldn't be prouder of them. They don't care about all the talk or who writes what about them or their opponent. They just play. Congrats to all the players and coaches who put in the work and pulled out a great win. Go South!

You always have the option to get off the thread.

Crazy talk is those people who think they know more than a head football coach when some have never even touched a football in their lives.

Seems like he already has.

 

I have to admit I laughed a little when I read this...good stuff. I have no inner knowledge of the decision making that goes on at HHS now. I hope for everyone involved, he just steps down. I am not saying he is a terrible coach but what is going on at HHS now is not working. Time for a change IMO.

Crazy talk is those people who think they know more than a head football coach when some have never even touched a football in their lives.

 

Most interesting post of the entire thread. Who exactly are you referring to here?

They did not have a winning record this year

Let's not forget about South just running all over the defense, had 2 backs over 100 yards each a cording the the live broadcast. Let's not forget about the 2 drives south failed to score in Highlands territory or the dropped TD south had on 4th down.

 

I picked SO to win based on their run game and physicality. However, Highlands hung in their and kept scoring. I give HHS a lot of credit for having the will to win. This is the kind of game that you second-guess and rehash what coulda-shoulda, but in the end these players played their tails off and can be proud of their effort on both sides.

 

Congratulations to S Oldham on a fine win. This should fire the team up for next week.

 

Congratulations to the Highlands players for leaving everything on the field. There are no regrets that way.

Congrats South Oldham

They did not have a winning record this year

 

You are correct, I should have said a non-losing record. A bad 2017 still outperformed a very bad 2016.

 

What I don't get, is some of the highlands faithful ok with the losing. I saw posts about Brian is teaching them to be better men. That's awesome, but can't Highlands get a coach that can win AND teach them to be better men?

The bottom line is this was a coaching loss plain and simple....EXACTLY the same as Lex Cath and Simon Kenton...This team should be 9-3 playing next week. Play calling when up 2 scores is atrocious (same as LC & SK)...coaching as if the game is over vs going for the throat! Defense in all three games was on the field so much more in second half. I really feel for the kids...they were let down by coaching...AGAIN

Sometimes you just have to say you don't have enough talent.

Congrats to the Dragons. They didn’t quit and will get a shot at the machine. Good Luck

 

 

As for the Bird seniors, keep your head up. You will always be part of the proud program at Highlands. You have given your all and that’s all anyone can ask.

 

To the underclass men, learn from this year and work to be better for next year.

 

To the Highlands coaches, it was a tough year. Yes the team was improved over the previous year. While maybe not a state title contender, this team deserved more from you. There are many improvements to be made, please take some time for self reflection and think about what you could have done better.

Congrats to the South Oldham Dragons on the win.

 

With that said, I thought Highlands was the better team but it is hard to overcome so many turnovers.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.