South Oldham 35 Highlands 34

Jumper_Dad

Congrats to the South Oldham Dragons on the win.

With that said, I thought Highlands was the better team but it is hard to overcome so many turnovers.

The two picks were on the coach not QB. Second down on the two yard line and you throw a pass after moving the ball down the field with ease. No need to throw the ball in that situation.

The other pick was the long ball on 2nd and two, again moving down the field with ease. No need to throw the ball long in that situation. Everybody on the planet knew the HHS D has trouble stopping people, why would you want to score quickly?

The back in the flat was open all night long. Why didn't they go to it more often?

HHS doesn't make the 2 point conversion on the 1st TD. Why not go to it on the 2nd TD? What's the difference, you lose by 1 point or two.

Again, congrats to the Dragons.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two picks were on the coach not QB. Second down on the two yard line and you throw a pass after moving the ball down the field with ease. No need to throw the ball in that situation.

The other pick was the long ball on 2nd and two, again moving down the field with ease. No need to throw the ball long in that situation. Everybody on the planet knew the HHS D has trouble stopping people, why would you want to score quickly?

The back in the flat was open all night long. Why didn't they go to it more often?

HHS doesn't make the 2 point conversion on the 1st TD. Why not go to it on the 2nd TD? What's the difference, you lose by 1 point or two.

Couldn't you argue that the picks were on the QB since the coach called a pass when the D wasn't expecting it due to the success running?

Couldn't you argue that the picks were on the QB since the coach called a pass when the D wasn't expecting it due to the success running?

Nope.

Considering this was only the 2nd game starting as a varsity QB. If you can't get two yards running the ball, at least throw to RB in the flat, it was open all night.

Speaking to some birds this morning and was told O-coordinator has to go in order for this program to move forward no matter who head coach is

I have to admit I agree with them. I don't like to casually talk about people losing their jobs but I will say that play calling seemed to be a major issue all year...including last night...

It's easy to blame coaches after a loss, we all can do it. Is there a chance that these current Birds from top to bottom just aren't as fast and talented as the past title teams from a few years ago?

These coaches have won before and won a lot do we think they forgot how to call plays...Maybe they are just calling plays based on what the on field talent can accomplish.

It's easy to blame coaches after a loss, we all can do it. Is there a chance that these current Birds from top to bottom just aren't as fast and talented as the past title teams from a few years ago?

These coaches have won before and won a lot do we think they forgot how to call plays...Maybe they are just calling plays based on what the on field talent can accomplish.

I hear what you are saying JD...but...

I don't think any HHS fans think the past couple of teams have been as talented as the championship teams. However, this team was plagued with very questionable play calling in many games this year IMO...including in some games it won. Could this team beat CCH this year with another coach? No. Could it easily be 9-3? Yes. Frankly, Hoge bailed this team (and coaching staff) out a few years ago. That is the only reason this coaching staff has won before. I am not saying this staff is horrible. I just think HHS could do better...much better in fact. There are a lot of good coaches who would love this job too. I just think a change would make sense.

I hear what you are saying JD...but...

I don't think any HHS fans think the past couple of teams have been as talented as the championship teams. However, this team was plagued with very questionable play calling in many games this year IMO...including in some games it won. Could this team beat CCH this year with another coach? No. Could it easily be 9-3? Yes. Frankly, Hoge bailed this team (and coaching staff) out a few years ago. That is the only reason this coaching staff has won before. I am not saying this staff is horrible. I just think HHS could do better...much better in fact. There are a lot of good coaches who would love this job too. I just think a change would make sense.

Disagree, theres a good dozen or two on here that think the talent is their now, and its all a coaching issue.

Disagree, theres a good dozen or two on here that think the talent is their now, and its all a coaching issue.

I think you get confused sometimes. They have talent, no one had said they don’t. The DEPTH of the talent is not what it was. Instead of having (let’s say) 20 really good athletes, they have 10. The drop off to the next level is much farther than it was in the past.

But they are rebounding and should have more depth in the near future. Sounds like some good classes coming up.

Sooo....when exactly is the right time to stretch the field? 2nd and two seems to be the right time. Being critical of that call seems to be a little much. Agreed, the play call from the two was questionable.

Agree, the offensive play calling all year was god awful. It literally costs them games.

They have a former HC on the sidelines in charge of videography for criminy sakes. Let that guy call the offense.