South Oldham 35 Highlands 34

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably a running clock next week for either team to be quite honest. Nobody is stopping CovCath this year in 5A.

While I think Covcath will win it. I don't think you can say it's a for sure thing. Bowling Green will be the best team they have seen. Plus Bowling Green is use to those types of games and what is at stake. Covcath is not.

While I think Covcath will win it. I don't think you can say it's a for sure thing. Bowling Green will be the best team they have seen. Plus Bowling Green is use to those types of games and what is at stake. Covcath is not.

Agreed. CCH has a ton of work to do.

And what if he was? Not sure what you are getting at here.

Whoa, take it easy. Lol! So was he? My issue is with the Coach's decision from the get go. If Cramer is your best chance to win this game, which I think it was, then why was the decision made to start Scholman from the get go back in August? If Cramer gets the nod way back then, he most probably would have been a seasoned QB and possibly some of tonight's mistakes don't happen. And Scholman could have contributed elsewhere. But imo, to remove a senior at this point from his biggest Highschool game is just plain wrong. Even if the other QB is better. It took Scholman getting injured to figure that out. Well that's bad coaching.

I don't have senioritus like Coach Weinrich does. You play your best, period. But don't tell a senior this is your team and then in the biggest game, tell him thanks but no thanks, we are going with the other kid. Again, just not right!

So was Scholman alright to play?

First congrats to the SO win over the Birds. Somebody claimed SO is one of the best teams in the state, I'll guess we will see next week.

I am curious if the Birds were prepared for that SO onside kick. The announcers on Pegasus were saying they didn't expect it as there was 4:30 left and plenty of time to not panic.

It appeared only one Bird made a play on the ball and the rest were a yard back behind the 45.

Whoa, take it easy. Lol! So was he? My issue is with the Coach's decision from the get go. If Cramer is your best chance to win this game, which I think it was, then why was the decision made to start Scholman from the get go back in August? If Cramer gets the nod way back then, he most probably would have been a seasoned QB and possibly some of tonight's mistakes don't happen. And Scholman could have contributed elsewhere. But imo, to remove a senior at this point from his biggest Highschool game is just plain wrong. Even if the other QB is better. It took Scholman getting injured to figure that out. Well that's bad coaching.

I don't have senioritus like Coach Weinrich does. You play your best, period. But don't tell a senior this is your team and then in the biggest game, tell him thanks but no thanks, we are going with the other kid. Again, just not right!

So was Scholman alright to play?

You know we are very likely on the same page here. I cannot say with certainty that Carl was healthy enough to play other than if Cramer were to get hurt, he was next man up.

I have said it for the last several years that I am not sure what is looked at when determining who is going to play and where they are going to play. Firm believer that the BEST play even if it means some play on both sides of the ball and special teams. Prime example tonight besides Cramer was not using Dunn and/or Johnson on defensive line.

You know we are very likely on the same page here. I cannot say with certainty that Carl was healthy enough to play other than if Cramer were to get hurt, he was next man up.

I have said it for the last several years that I am not sure what is looked at when determining who is going to play and where they are going to play. Firm believer that the BEST play even if it means some play on both sides of the ball and special teams. Prime example tonight besides Cramer was not using Dunn and/or Johnson on defensive line.

Especially when they were getting chunked in the 2nd half.

IF CovCath runs the table and wins state, does it make this season sting more for the Birds, and put more pressure on a big change in the fort?

From just the perspective of the rivalry, maybe a little. Even if Highlands won tonight, I didn’t think the game would be much different from the last time they played, if any.

Let's not forget about South just running all over the defense, had 2 backs over 100 yards each a cording the the live broadcast. Let's not forget about the 2 drives south failed to score in Highlands territory or the dropped TD south had on 4th down.