Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Church Shooting in San Antonio, TX; Multiple Fatalities, Shooter Dead

Featured Replies

For the record I personally do not own an AR15, Mini-14 or any other scary looking rifle.

  • Replies 348
  • Views 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the record I personally do not own an AR15, Mini-14 or any other scary looking rifle.

 

Don't let the coyotes know that! :)

Have any of the mass murderers used the type of gun in the bottom picture, or have they all used the one pictured up top? Why or why not?

 

One is modern one isn’t. How many cars do you see on the street from the 90’s vs the 2000’s? Yet gasoline engines work the same way if maintained.

Same story different mass shooting. Don’t do anything as these continue to happen at alarming rate.

The hyper-sensitive preoccupation with our right to bear arms leading to so many to want to stockpile, leading to a massive over production of them all for the stubborn "me and my rights" shortsightedness can be thanked for that.

 

What would you consider a stockpile and what would you consider a reasonable amount for a law abiding citizen to own?

And instantly rules concerning how trucks are rented were being looked at.

 

And instantly a lot of people were shaking their heads at how ignorant that was.

Same story different mass shooting. Don’t do anything as these continue to happen at alarming rate.

 

What's your solution?

What would you consider a stockpile and what would you consider a reasonable amount for a law abiding citizen to own?

 

I own 3. Id like to own an AR.

 

Many would probably consider that a stock pile.

The hyper-sensitive preoccupation with our right to bear arms leading to so many to want to stockpile, leading to a massive over production of them all for the stubborn "me and my rights" shortsightedness can be thanked for that.

 

Maybe the desire to stockpile is brought on by those that want to take away our right? Gun sales have been way down since November. A lot of stockpiling occurred prior.

I own 3. Id like to own an AR.

 

Many would probably consider that a stock pile.

 

Nope, that is not a stock pile. I have 2 AR’s an M1 and a SKS. I’m sitting on around 70 guns I think. I haven’t counted them in a while.

What's your solution?

 

The coward was on FB calling his weapon what Negan calls Lucille. How do we regulate/stop that?

The coward was on FB calling his weapon what Negan calls Lucille. How do we regulate/stop that?

 

Where'd you see that?

Maybe it's because I read a lot of papers and watch a lot of news I see more than others, but I have seen and heard plenty of stories on this situation.

 

I'm not saying there is zero coverage. I'm saying it's apples to oranges in coverage. It's also apples to oranges in outrage.

The people "Stockpiling" these weapons are in almost every single case not the ones committing the crimes. There have been a few like Las Vegas that stockpiled because they intended to commit a crime with them...but the vast majority I'd say 99.99% of people owning those guns do so for personal enjoyment and shooting not because they are stubborn or shortsighted.

 

What would you consider a stockpile and what would you consider a reasonable amount for a law abiding citizen to own?

 

Maybe the desire to stockpile is brought on by those that want to take away our right? Gun sales have been way down since November. A lot of stockpiling occurred prior.

 

OK guys run with the term "stockpile" if you'd like as it seems that I've struck a nerve with that word, but I think that you're missing the point that I was making. You don't have to agree, but my take is that while gun enthusiasts have the right to own them, and I'm not proposing to restrict that, the sensitivity of the issue created a cultural hysteria where more and more people's passion regarding the right to own had escalated and with it so did the production.

 

IMO, while serving the principle of defending gun owners rights it has also been counter-productive for our culture as a whole to now because of have far too many guns circulating as a result of appeasing to the defending of the 2nd Amendment.

 

The "me and my rights" mentality regarding this has not done our country any favors in the long run, and now we're stuck in a far worse problem with too many guns in a gun obsessed culture.

 

Because I'm not a gun owner, or have ever been enthusiastic about them, 15 or so years ago I was looking from the outside thinking that it's not going to be helpful to our country if more folks get caught up in this gun owning obsession brought on by way too much national attention that had it being discussed too regularly around dinner tables, and I've seen nothing now 15 years later to have disproved my hunch.

 

Yes we indeed do and should have the right to bear arms, yet the pushing of the agenda so damn hard has in the end been terrible for our culture as a whole.

The hyper-sensitive preoccupation with our right to bear arms leading to so many to want to stockpile, leading to a massive over production of them all for the stubborn "me and my rights" shortsightedness can be thanked for that.

 

Honestly the reason they were stockpiled was because of constant threats to ban them. Had the focus been on the criminal use rather than the instrument itself, it wouldn't have led to a massive over production of them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.