Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Church Shooting in San Antonio, TX; Multiple Fatalities, Shooter Dead

Featured Replies

Losers in-laws were members of the church, but not present.

 

Authorities say there was a domestic situation going on in the loser's family life.

  • Replies 348
  • Views 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, it has to be by one person for anyone to be concerned? Is that the point you're trying to make? If so, it's sad that we've come to that. In February 7 people were shot to death in one day, 5 of them killed in just two hours, including a woman who was eight months pregnant. I know that's not sensational enough for some, but it should be. That's my point. It's daily, it's continuous and it goes on without outrage or debate. Why?

Because we both know the answer to that. It would force many to look at facts that make them uncomfortable.

I agree with what you posted except I think you left out one other factor.

It’s a crazy issue. These dudes are not mentally in tune!

I would say that the hate is what fueled his crazy, mentally unstable nature not the other way around. The guy was in the AF so he hasn't always been crazy because he wouldn't have passed all of their tests. He was introduced to hatred somewhere along the way and that hatred turned him crazy. His craziness didn't manifest itself into hatred.

Here's a hypothetical question on a macro level.

 

Would the world be safer if everyone had as many nukes as they wanted to stockpile?

Nukes are not used for individual self defense.

What is stockpiling though? Do we know how many this coward even owned, I haven’t heard?

 

I don't know the answer to either question.

Losers in-laws were members of the church, but not present.

Authorities say there was a domestic situation going on in the loser's family life.

 

Post #34. I don't know why I felt that way but there was just something that made me feel that this isn't some random rage.

  • Author
I agree here are a few of my ideas that would help keep firearms from being purchased legally by those that have no business owning them.

1) Prosecute anyone caught lying on the 4473 (95%+ of the times a sales is denied, it is coupled with someone lying on the form which is a Federal Crime punishable with up to 5 years in Prison plus fines) 1,000s of denials that could be prosecuted each year and only a dozen or so have ever been prosecuted.

2) Change HIPPA laws to allow reporting to the NICS background check if someone has been determined mentally unstable.

3) Allow anyone (not just firearms dealers) to use NICS hotline to verify that if you are selling a firearm privately that the person buying it can legally do so.

4) Allow emergency holds to be placed on buyers by judges in the case of Domestic Violence.

That all seems very sensible to me. Also, if someone is on the "no fly" list, shouldn't they also be on a "no buy" list? Of course, I would want there to be some sort of recourse to appeal. Ring on either list, as I am sure mistakes occur.

The only issue I have is number 2. What type of mental instability are we speaking of and who gets to make that decision? You have anxiety, so you can't get a gun? You were depressed for a time, you can't get a gun? I know quite a few people that could be viewed in terms of having a mental impairment that would not be allowed to own a gun depending on how this was judged that I was trust with my and my families life's.

I thought this wasnt a gun issue?

 

My guns didn't shoot anyone today.

My guns didn't shoot anyone today.

 

Mine either.

  • Author
My guns didn't shoot anyone today.

 

Mine either.

 

Mine either. So if we take any new gun legislation off the discussion table, what do you all recommend? At the moment, no one seems to have anything and that is unacceptable to many, thus their continual renewal of the gun legislation discussion.

Mine either. So if we take any new gun legislation off the discussion table, what do you all recommend? At the moment, no one seems to have anything and that is unacceptable to many, thus their continual renewal of the gun legislation discussion.

 

There are violent crazy people in this world. I don't have all the answers, but i don't think taking guns away from law abiding citizens is the answer.

  • Author
There are violent crazy people in this world. I don't have all the answers, but i don't think taking guns away from law abiding citizens is the answer.

 

Nor do I. Nor do MOST of the people that are promoting some type of gun legislation.

There are violent crazy people in this world. I don't have all the answers, but i don't think taking guns away from law abiding citizens is the answer.

 

Has anyone suggested that?

 

All I've seen is people commenting that we need to try to come up with ways that these crazed individuals don't have access to guns.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.