Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Church Shooting in San Antonio, TX; Multiple Fatalities, Shooter Dead

Featured Replies

Same story different mass shooting. Don’t do anything as these continue to happen at alarming rate.

 

What do you propose we do? Seriously. How do we regulate a sick mind? How do we know who is going to snap?

  • Replies 348
  • Views 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly the reason they were stockpiled was because of constant threats to ban them. Had the focus been on the criminal use rather than the instrument itself, it wouldn't have led to a massive over production of them.

 

See post 270... seems we were posting around the same time.

Where'd you see that?

 

I believe The Heavy has screenshots. Not BGP friendly words though.

OK guys run with the term "stockpile" if you'd like as it seems that I've struck a nerve with that word, but I think that you're missing the point that I was making. You don't have to agree, but my take is that while gun enthusiasts have the right to own them, and I'm not proposing to restrict that, the sensitivity of the issue created a cultural hysteria where more and more people's passion regarding the right to own had escalated and with it so did the production.

 

IMO, while serving the principle of defending gun owners rights it has also been counter-productive for our culture as a whole to now because of have far too many guns circulating as a result of appeasing to the defending of the 2nd Amendment.

 

The "me and my rights" mentality regarding this has not done our country any favors in the long run, and now we're stuck in a far worse problem with too many guns in a gun obsessed culture.

 

Because I'm not a gun owner, or have ever been enthusiastic about them, 15 or so years ago I was looking from the outside thinking that it's not going to be helpful to our country if more folks get caught up in this gun owning obsession brought on by way too much national attention that had it being discussed too regularly around dinner tables, and I've seen nothing now 15 years later to have disproved my hunch.

 

Yes we indeed do and should have the right to bear arms, yet the pushing of the agenda so damn hard has in the end been terrible for our culture as a whole.

 

Maybe its the ones trying push the agenda to take away guns that are creating the terrible culture?

I know a lot of folks who purchased a weapon for the first time just because they were afraid they were not going to be able to in the future.

OK guys run with the term "stockpile" if you'd like as it seems that I've struck a nerve with that word, but I think that you're missing the point that I was making. You don't have to agree, but my take is that while gun enthusiasts have the right to own them, and I'm not proposing to restrict that, the sensitivity of the issue created a cultural hysteria where more and more people's passion regarding the right to own had escalated and with it so did the production.

 

IMO, while serving the principle of defending gun owners rights it has also been counter-productive for our culture as a whole to now because of have far too many guns circulating as a result of appeasing to the defending of the 2nd Amendment.

 

The "me and my rights" mentality regarding this has not done our country any favors in the long run, and now we're stuck in a far worse problem with too many guns in a gun obsessed culture.

 

Because I'm not a gun owner, or have ever been enthusiastic about them, 15 or so years ago I was looking from the outside thinking that it's not going to be helpful to our country if more folks get caught up in this gun owning obsession brought on by way too much national attention that had it being discussed too regularly around dinner tables, and I've seen nothing now 15 years later to have disproved my hunch.

 

Yes we indeed do and should have the right to bear arms, yet the pushing of the agenda so damn hard has in the end been terrible for our culture as a whole.

 

I don’t think you will disagree that it’s good that people stand for their rights. I still wish you would share more on the stockpiling topic, what you define it as and how it would have changed this evil news story.

OK guys run with the term "stockpile" if you'd like as it seems that I've struck a nerve with that word, but I think that you're missing the point that I was making. You don't have to agree, but my take is that while gun enthusiasts have the right to own them, and I'm not proposing to restrict that, the sensitivity of the issue created a cultural hysteria where more and more people's passion regarding the right to own had escalated and with it so did the production.

 

IMO, while serving the principle of defending gun owners rights it has also been counter-productive for our culture as a whole to now because of have far too many guns circulating as a result of appeasing to the defending of the 2nd Amendment.

 

The "me and my rights" mentality regarding this has not done our country any favors in the long run, and now we're stuck in a far worse problem with too many guns in a gun obsessed culture.

 

Because I'm not a gun owner, or have ever been enthusiastic about them, 15 or so years ago I was looking from the outside thinking that it's not going to be helpful to our country if more folks get caught up in this gun owning obsession brought on by way too much national attention that had it being discussed too regularly around dinner tables, and I've seen nothing now 15 years later to have disproved my hunch.

 

Yes we indeed do and should have the right to bear arms, yet the pushing of the agenda so damn hard has in the end been terrible for our culture as a whole.

 

It sounds like you're blaming terrible acts of violence like this on gun enthusiasts. If not, I apologize in advance. If so, you couldn't be more wrong. This is about mental illness the way I see it. I think the current trend we're seeing of people mowing innocent victims over with vehicles leans that way. Rather radicalized or some domestic nut job, it takes a sick mind to commit the act. We can't blame guns or trucks for these acts. We have to somehow focus on the act itself and what is driving people to commit them. I admit, I don't have the answer, but I know what isn't the answer.

Maybe its the ones trying push the agenda to take away guns that are creating the terrible culture?

I know a lot of folks who purchased a weapon for the first time just because they were afraid they were not going to be able to in the future.

 

You've actually proved my point that the OTT national discussion created more gun owners. I suppose that depending on where one is standing they'll see the other side as the culprit of the escalating obsession and paranoia. If we're being honest we can probably admit that it's both sides that has contributed to it.

 

You can fault the gun restriction folks and find them to be ignorant and mindless regarding the principles of our country's freedom, yet is it so hard to see that the goal was to dial down the environment of a violent culture with the hopes of less incidents of fatal crime, and while gun owners presented logical rebuttal to that push to disarm, they're strong push back created within the discussion no middle ground that would suggest that most of us, both sides, would like a less violent culture, yet there are two schools of thought regarding reaching this having proponents of those two schools of thought counter-productively going at each others throats destroying the opportunity for a solution, and now with more guns in circulation, finding that solution unfortunately eludes us.

Maybe its the ones trying push the agenda to take away guns that are creating the terrible culture?

I know a lot of folks who purchased a weapon for the first time just because they were afraid they were not going to be able to in the future.

 

Same here. That and they knew the price was going to skyrocket because of the controversy and they would therefore be in high demand.

I listened in passing to an interview of the County Sheriff this morning in the car.

 

He said that its seems the Killer's "Ex- Inlaws" are attendees or members of the church. They were not there on Sunday however.

 

I go back to what I said yesterday. His rage focused on the family of his ex wife and took it out one those innocent people at the church.

Same here. That and they knew the price was going to skyrocket because of the controversy and they would therefore be in high demand.

 

Similar to the ammo shortage a few years ago.

You've actually proved my point that the OTT national discussion created more gun owners. I suppose that depending on where one is standing they'll see the other side as the culprit of the escalating obsession and paranoia. If we're being honest we can probably admit that it's both sides that has contributed to it.

 

You can fault the gun restriction folks and find them to be ignorant and mindless regarding the principles of our country's freedom, yet is it so hard to see that the goal was to dial down the environment of a violent culture with the hopes of less incidents of fatal crime, and while gun owners presented logical rebuttal to that push to disarm, they're strong push back created within the discussion no middle ground that would suggest that most of us, both sides, would like a less violent culture, yet there are two schools of thought regarding reaching this having proponents of those two schools of thought counter-productively going at each others throats destroying the opportunity for a solution, and now with more guns in circulation, finding that solution unfortunately eludes us.

 

Honest question, are you calling out Liam Neeson or Matt Damon, who both are on record sharing your gun beliefs only, to use them in violent Hollywood films to make millions?

It sounds like you're blaming terrible acts of violence like this on gun enthusiasts. If not, I apologize in advance. If so, you couldn't be more wrong. This is about mental illness the way I see it. I think the current trend we're seeing of people mowing innocent victims over with vehicles leans that way. Rather radicalized or some domestic nut job, it takes a sick mind to commit the act. We can't blame guns or trucks for these acts. We have to somehow focus on the act itself and what is driving people to commit them. I admit, I don't have the answer, but I know what isn't the answer.

 

I'm not blaming gun enthusiasts for the acts of nutjobs, but the strong push and the prevalence and preoccupation with defending the 2nd Amendment has counter-productively contributed to a more gun obsessed culture, and with it more gun productions meaning more guns in circulation which IMO is didn't do our culture any favors.

I'm not blaming gun enthusiasts for the acts of nutjobs, but the strong push and the prevalence and preoccupation with defending the 2nd Amendment has counter-productively contributed to a more gun obsessed culture, and with it more gun productions meaning more guns in circulation which IMO is didn't do our culture any favors.

 

How many millions of gun owners didn’t harm anyone this weekend though?

You've actually proved my point that the OTT national discussion created more gun owners. I suppose that depending on where one is standing they'll see the other side as the culprit of the escalating obsession and paranoia. If we're being honest we can probably admit that it's both sides that has contributed to it.

 

You can fault the gun restriction folks and find them to be ignorant and mindless regarding the principles of our country's freedom, yet is it so hard to see that the goal was to dial down the environment of a violent culture with the hopes of less incidents of fatal crime, and while gun owners presented logical rebuttal to that push to disarm, they're strong push back created within the discussion no middle ground that would suggest that most of us, both sides, would like a less violent culture, yet there are two schools of thought regarding reaching this having proponents of those two schools of thought counter-productively going at each others throats destroying the opportunity for a solution, and now with more guns in circulation, finding that solution unfortunately eludes us.

 

I don't think it has anything to do with obsession and paranoia. I know a lot of people that own these type of rifles. They're as normal and good people you'd ever meet. They're not obsessed nor are they paranoid. They like to go shooting, they like to hunt and they like collect.

 

I don't fault the other side, I simply disagree with them. I do think some of them are uninformed about weapons because they have no interest in them and I'm fine with that. I just think the approach they think is the answer is nothing but a band-aid that will last for about a minute because they're blaming an object rather than the person. It always amazes me that they think more gun laws are the answer when all they need do is to look at Chicago. Just look at the stats I posted earlier in this thread. There is no law or ban we can enact that will stop this. We have to think "out of the box". That's why discussion without knee-jerk reaction is so important.

Similar to the ammo shortage a few years ago.

 

Exactly.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.