Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Church Shooting in San Antonio, TX; Multiple Fatalities, Shooter Dead

Featured Replies

There are people in each of our towns capable of doing this. I know a couple of them.

 

Then you should be reporting them to the authorities.

  • Replies 348
  • Views 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't a gun issue.

 

This isn't a religion issue.

 

This isn't a right vs. left issue.

 

This is a hate issue. Plain and simple.

 

We have to find a way to curb the hatred that is running rampant in our society.

Here's a hypothetical question on a macro level.

 

Would the world be safer if everyone had as many nukes as they wanted to stockpile?

How does that answer my questions? Don't you think comparing nukes to guns is a bit ridiculous?

 

I'd prefer if you tried to answer the questions I asked. What solutions do you have to those three questions?

This next example of course is just one, but it had a big effect on my perspective.

 

I forget exactly the timeline, but let's say about 15 years ago or so when there was a big discussion in society and on the news about getting permits to conceal carry.

 

I worked with a large crew at my workplace, and previous to all the gun discussion if you were to ask me which co-workers I would least trust with owning guns, these just happened to be the two guys who became the most forthright and vocal about how they were going to get their permit.

 

These two loose cannons, while having no previous legal issues in their background, were just not the kind that I felt comfortable getting all worked up about their rights and/or having a gun.

 

They were perfect examples of the ignorant pawns who felt the need to jump right on the trend and beat their chests. When I saw them in action, it made me think just how many more goof balls throughout this country will be just like them, and it made me uneasy to ponder a future where too many average irresponsible idiots could possibly be carrying because they were granted the privilege because they fell through the cracks for having no previous record.

This isn't a gun issue.

 

This isn't a religion issue.

 

This isn't a right vs. left issue.

 

This is a hate issue. Plain and simple.

 

We have to find a way to curb the hatred that is running rampant in our society.

 

I completely agree.

How does that answer my questions? Don't you think comparing nukes to guns is a bit ridiculous?

 

I'd prefer if you tried to answer the questions I asked. What solutions do you have to those three questions?

 

I have done so in great detail in the past on this site. But it would be pretty much impossible to rehash that without getting heavily into politics.

I wish I had answers. I'll just say that whatever reduces the availability of weapons available to people who have no business owning them - I'm on board.

 

I don't know anyone that isn't on board with that. The problem is, especially when it comes to these shootings, how do we identify these people if they have a clean record before they buy the weapon? How can you tell what someone that may seem normal is really thinking?

I have done so in great detail in the past on this site. But it would be pretty much impossible to rehash that without getting heavily into politics.

 

Okay, then lets put the political part of it aside. Guns really haven't changed, people have. So what in your opinion is driving people to commit these acts? Do you have any insight on how we can identify potential perpetrators before they can commit such acts? How can we get ahead of this?

I wish I had answers. I'll just say that whatever reduces the availability of weapons available to people who have no business owning them - I'm on board.

 

I agree here are a few of my ideas that would help keep firearms from being purchased legally by those that have no business owning them.

1) Prosecute anyone caught lying on the 4473 (95%+ of the times a sales is denied, it is coupled with someone lying on the form which is a Federal Crime punishable with up to 5 years in Prison plus fines) 1,000s of denials that could be prosecuted each year and only a dozen or so have ever been prosecuted.

2) Change HIPPA laws to allow reporting to the NICS background check if someone has been determined mentally unstable.

3) Allow anyone (not just firearms dealers) to use NICS hotline to verify that if you are selling a firearm privately that the person buying it can legally do so.

4) Allow emergency holds to be placed on buyers by judges in the case of Domestic Violence.

I wish I had answers. I'll just say that whatever reduces the availability of weapons available to people who have no business owning them - I'm on board.

 

What is stockpiling though? Do we know how many this coward even owned, I haven’t heard?

I agree here are a few of my ideas that would help keep firearms from being purchased legally by those that have no business owning them.

1) Prosecute anyone caught lying on the 4473 (95%+ of the times a sales is denied, it is coupled with someone lying on the form which is a Federal Crime punishable with up to 5 years in Prison plus fines) 1,000s of denials that could be prosecuted each year and only a dozen or so have ever been prosecuted.

2) Change HIPPA laws to allow reporting to the NICS background check if someone has been determined mentally unstable.

3) Allow anyone (not just firearms dealers) to use NICS hotline to verify that if you are selling a firearm privately that the person buying it can legally do so.

4) Allow emergency holds to be placed on buyers by judges in the case of Domestic Violence.

 

I have no issues with your ideas!

This isn't a gun issue.

 

This isn't a religion issue.

 

This isn't a right vs. left issue.

 

This is a hate issue. Plain and simple.

 

We have to find a way to curb the hatred that is running rampant in our society.

 

I like the word vitriol. def.: something highly caustic or severe in effect, as criticism.

 

Our culture is rampant with vitriolic speech from any perspective out there. There are fewer and fewer people willing to ratchet down the rancor in order to find common ground. The result is a push to extremism in every form.

This isn't a gun issue.

 

This isn't a religion issue.

 

This isn't a right vs. left issue.

 

This is a hate issue. Plain and simple.

 

We have to find a way to curb the hatred that is running rampant in our society.

 

Agreed

This isn't a gun issue.

 

This isn't a religion issue.

 

This isn't a right vs. left issue.

 

This is a hate issue. Plain and simple.

 

We have to find a way to curb the hatred that is running rampant in our society.

 

I agree with what you posted except I think you left out one other factor.

It’s a crazy issue. These dudes are not mentally in tune!

Just saw that the youngest of the 26 murdered was just 18 months old....So heartbreaking.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.