Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Church Shooting in San Antonio, TX; Multiple Fatalities, Shooter Dead

Featured Replies

Honest question, are you calling out Liam Neeson or Matt Damon, who both are on record sharing your gun beliefs only, to use them in violent Hollywood films to make millions?

 

While I have opposing positions with some here, in general I can still have a discussion with them, but with you however it's quite apparent that you and I are on big time apples and oranges wavelengths that the idea of going down the rabbit hole in discussion with you wears me out. I'm not conceding to you, yet I will run away because I don't have the interest or energy to discuss what seems to be most important to you. I respect your right to be where you're coming from, but I just don't feel comfortable sharing that space with you.

  • Replies 348
  • Views 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Regardless of whether one is for or against enacting new gun legislation, what if we leave that alone for a bit and discuss what other things we might change to stem the flow of this deadly violence?

 

That's just a TB&G idea, not a mod request.

While I have opposing positions with some here, in general I can still have a discussion with them, but with you however it's quite apparent that you and I are on big time apples and oranges wavelengths that the idea of going down the rabbit hole in discussion with you wears me out. I'm not conceding to you, yet I will run away because I don't have the interest or energy to discuss what seems to be most important to you. I respect your right to be where you're coming from, but I just don't feel comfortable sharing that space with you.

 

I understand that their a lot of hard questions to answer on both sides. I appreciate you responding.

 

What I have gathered from you is there are simply too many guns out there. But that makes me ask how many millions of gun owners didn’t harm anyone this weekend? Why are we letting less than 1% of something paint a broad brush?

I'm not blaming gun enthusiasts for the acts of nutjobs, but the strong push and the prevalence and preoccupation with defending the 2nd Amendment has counter-productively contributed to a more gun obsessed culture, and with it more gun productions meaning more guns in circulation which IMO is didn't do our culture any favors.

 

That's up for debate without a doubt. I think what has contributed to a more "gun obsessed culture" (I disagree it's an obsession) is the push to limit or ban. I've seen it happen and know why people were buying. Again, if we went after the problem rather than the object we wouldn't have the numbers we do in circulation IMO.

I'm not saying there is zero coverage. I'm saying it's apples to oranges in coverage. It's also apples to oranges in outrage.

 

If there was a mass shooting in Chicago this weekend and 15 people were killed, the media coverage would be the same as you had seen in these other incidents. It is the mass shooting aspect that drives the hyper media coverage. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Regardless of whether one is for or against enacting new gun legislation, what if we leave that alone for a bit and discuss what other things we might change to stem the flow of this deadly violence?

 

That's just a TB&G idea, not a mod request.

 

That's an excellent suggestion. I'll lay off the legislation talk.

  • Author
That's an excellent suggestion. I'll lay off the legislation talk.

I hope that you'll offer suggestions and ideas, too.

Here Is The Misinformation Going Around About The Texas Church Shooting

 

The article notes that the Facebook Page Jesse James posted earlier is a hoax. It is not the shooter's page but a profile someone created and posted.

 

It's amazing the way people have a sick need to play with rumors and out right lies on the internet. Creating fake pages and stuff is ridiculous.

I understand that their a lot of hard questions to answer on both sides. I appreciate you responding.

 

What I have gathered from you is there are simply too many guns out there. But that makes me ask how many millions of gun owners didn’t harm anyone this weekend? Why are we letting less than 1% of something paint a broad brush?

 

Some might view the strong push for the defense of the 2nd Amendment to be admirable, but I opine that it's been ultimately counter-productive and shortsighted not to see that as a result we've created an environment with more guns. While we can't blame gun owners for acts of nutjobs, their strong preoccupation with their rights has helped to facilitate the too many guns culture that we now unfortunately have to live with.

One report I heard is that the perpetrator tried to get a concealed carry permit and it was denied. However he was still able to purchase guns. It seems like there should be something in the system that would red flag a situation like that. I am assuming there was a concern raised in the concealed carry permit process and that is why he was denied.

If there was a mass shooting in Chicago this weekend and 15 people were killed, the media coverage would be the same as you had seen in these other incidents. It is the mass shooting aspect that drives the hyper media coverage. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

 

So, it has to be by one person for anyone to be concerned? Is that the point you're trying to make? If so, it's sad that we've come to that. In February 7 people were shot to death in one day, 5 of them killed in just two hours, including a woman who was eight months pregnant. I know that's not sensational enough for some, but it should be. That's my point. It's daily, it's continuous and it goes on without outrage or debate. Why?

I find myself torn on issues like this.

 

As a preacher, I believe that as our country gets further and further away from the Bible and further and further away from Jesus, horrific actions will become more frequent.

 

As a citizen with a little knowledge of history, I think stuff like this has always gone on. This country was founded as a result of ethnic cleansing, followed by the enslavement of kidnapped Africans, to a certain group of whack jobs lynching and terrorizing African Americans, to a violent American West, followed by 2 World Wars and an incursion, and even the killing of unborn children.

 

MY heart goes out to the victims and their families.

Its pretty bad when people cannot feel safe in a chuch.

I hope that you'll offer suggestions and ideas, too.

 

Dialogue with open minds and to think out of the box is obviously needed. This is a very hard topic to get a grip on. I'm curious to hear if this guy was on any type of psychotropic medications. Where they're any kind of warning signs that may have been ignored?

So, it has to be by one person for anyone to be concerned? Is that the point you're trying to make? If so, it's sad that we've come to that. In February 7 people were shot to death in one day, 5 of them killed in just two hours, including a woman who was eight months pregnant. I know that's not sensational enough for some, but it should be. That's my point. It's daily, it's continuous and it goes on without outrage or debate. Why?

 

If your point is there should be more outrage and talk about the Chicago killing situation, I agree with you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.