Pirates' Future

Welcome aboard walk the plank!

With the new playoff structure it is important to remember that Corbin won't be the first hurdle.

Right now Central is looking really good and the Pirates would have to travel all the way to Louisville for the Regional Final matchup. Win that game then you most likely get to host Corbin in the Semi's.

Right now I like what I see out of the Belfry Offense. If they continue to improve and clean up some mental errors and focus issues the Offense has a chance to be arguably the most dangerous in all of Class 3A.

With that said, the Defense is nowhere near Championship caliber right now. Special Teams also has barely been passing through two games. Any hopes of a Fifth State Title will require significant improvement in both of those sides of the ball.

Welcome aboard walk the plank!

With the new playoff structure it is important to remember that Corbin won't be the first hurdle.

Right now Central is looking really good and the Pirates would have to travel all the way to Louisville for the Regional Final matchup. Win that game then you most likely get to host Corbin in the Semi's.

Right now I like what I see out of the Belfry Offense. If they continue to improve and clean up some mental errors and focus issues the Offense has a chance to be arguably the most dangerous in all of Class 3A.

With that said, the Defense is nowhere near Championship caliber right now. Special Teams also has barely been passing through two games. Any hopes of a Fifth State Title will require significant improvement in both of those sides of the ball.

Hold on!!! Are you saying that with cross bracketing or what ever is going on that Belfry, Central and Corbin are all on the same side of the bracket? If so...WOW!!!

Yes. Corbin's district is paired with Breathitt's district. And Centrals district is paired with Belfrys district. All on the east side.

in return Russell's district is in the west in the place where Central's district usually plays.

Do you think the Pirates will make a run for another title, or is Corbin too good?
Belfry will be in the hunt again, but they may not be the lead dog way out ahead of the pack.

What do do you think of their chances, walk the plank?

That might be the craziest extreme in many respects for Belfry to travel at least 4 hours to downtown-west Louisville. Is there a more extreme example of the pitfalls of cross bracketing? Plus they have met in the finals so many years.

Me thinks this explains why such an extreme has happened.

Otherwise there is literally no other reason to explain why Belfry will have to travel through two other Districts on their way to Louisville to play Central.

That might be the craziest extreme in many respects for Belfry to travel at least 4 hours to downtown-west Louisville. Is there a more extreme example of the pitfalls of cross bracketing? Plus they have met in the finals so many years.

Game should be allowed to be played on Saturday night.

Otherwise there is literally no other reason to explain why Belfry will have to travel through two other Districts on their way to Louisville to play Central.

I don't care if they play in the finals 10 years in a row, cross bracketing is non-sense to me.

That is absurd! I thought that the reorientation of 6A to keep T and X apart was bad, this is many many many times worse and far more blatant.

If we want to entertain conspiracy theories, then consider this.

Why was Belfry placed in District 6 in the most recent realignment? Was it in anticipation of cross bracketing?

Belfry has always, since I can remember, been in District 8. They are one of, if not the most eastern teams in 3A. Those districts typically move from west to east. Yet the most recent alignment has Belfry's district as D6, Russell's district as D5 while Corbin's and Breathitt's districts are 7 & 8. A complete flip from the norm.

Now, they don't involve Districts 7 and 8 in the cross bracketing, because presumably, those teams are the furthest east and travel would be a concern. Now, they have Bell and Corbin in D8, while Belfry, Pike Central, Lawrence Co, et al have to really hit the road in the first 3 weeks.

Hmmmm...