Rico Hollis back at Newport?

Lawnboy13

I went back and checked my post and no where in it is "trash" mentioned. But the kid can be held accountable and not be allowed the PRIVILEGE of playing basketball. Kids don't go to alternative schools by choice. If he finishes the alternative program and is allowed to play a sport---great!!! But should not be allowed to move away from whatever issue that kept him from the mainstream school. If you argue against accountability, you are probably in the majority in today's society. I just can't bring myself to be on that side!

I do not know the case with this student, but your information is not accurate on Altrenative Schools. Kids choose to go to Alternative School all the time that is their choice. I had two students choose it last week. Sometimes it is an option. Alternative Schools do not always have students that have had behavior issues in the regular school setting. Some are placed there without volunteering, but not all and it isn't just a few.

I do not know the case with this student, but your information is not accurate on Altrenative Schools. Kids choose to go to Alternative School all the time that is their choice. I had two students choose it last week. Sometimes it is an option. Alternative Schools do not always have students that have had behavior issues in the regular school setting. Some are placed there without volunteering, but not all and it isn't just a few.

I heard some crazy stories about the students in alternative school at Holmes.

I heard some crazy stories about the students in alternative school at Holmes.

You can hear a lot of things, not always true. But I will say most schools have issues at times with students. Alternative Schools do have kids that do not function well in a regular setting and some are challenging. That also is one of their purposes.

You can hear a lot of things, not always true. But I will say most schools have issues at times with students. Alternative Schools do have kids that do not function well in a regular setting and some are challenging. That also is one of their purposes.

I agree @Bengal Maniac you can't always believe what you hear.......no school is immune to kids "acting up" in one way or another.

I went back and checked my post and no where in it is "trash" mentioned. But the kid can be held accountable and not be allowed the PRIVILEGE of playing basketball. Kids don't go to alternative schools by choice. If he finishes the alternative program and is allowed to play a sport---great!!! But should not be allowed to move away from whatever issue that kept him from the mainstream school. If you argue against accountability, you are probably in the majority in today's society. I just can't bring myself to be on that side!

Sports help hold a lot of young men accountable. I have no clue why he's in alternate school, his homelife, etc... I think all kids deserve 2nd chances & if a coach can mentor him & help him turn his behavior around, I say give him a 2nd chance w/ clear guidelines & expectations.