Danville 36 Frederick Douglass 0

Eh, I don't see anything wrong there. It's a definite play on the oldest of old schools versus the newest of new schools. Probably promotes the terrific Danville history more than anything else.

Oh it's kids being kids...I've seen a heck of a lot worse...............

I thought I finished my post with "LOL", obviously I didn't.......was posting on my phone.

Danville's speed at key positions.

FDHS's players weren't in sync most of the night.

Those were the two key factors in my eyes watching it. Not saying Frederick Douglass was slow, but Danville had two speedsters that they couldn't corral all the time. Secondly, Frederick Douglass' offense was just out of sorts on a lot of passing plays. Over throws, bad routes, whatever the issue, they had a problem they need to work on. Once they got down, it became more apparent.

Danville did have a sluggish second quarter compared to how the game started. But it seemed like Danville knew the game was in the bag and let off. But rather than still scoring, they turned cold for a while.

This is how close FD came to scoring their first points in school history last night; literally an inch or two away:

[ATTACH]63389[/ATTACH]

Yep. QB just put a little too much air under it. It's clear FDHS needs to work on some things. But they do look like they have some promise as the season moves on. That preseason ranking isn't really an exaggeration.

@Wireman, I see that typical Lexington support in the stands for a fooball game. You would think that the first game ever, (Even on the road) would have been more heavily supported. Shame on me for thinking positive, LOL!

Honestly, I thought at first that they had more fans. Then when everyone found their seats...it was just a typical game.