Bowling Green Coach Removed

Wireman

Not knowing the basketball schedule or off-season schedules is it expected to have rosters filled out and players practicing as units in the summer? Is this a valid issue that may reflect that students were avoiding the program?

For most boys team at that size a high school, I would say that was quite low. Not knowing girls programs and what they normally do/draw for summer ball I can't compare, but my first thought would be that's a low number. Now what if anything those numbers indicate for BG girls basketball in regards to the coach I don't know.

Multiple violations now going on a period of several years and this has been an ongoing issue with the coach. Warned and warned and warned. Above the law. Here is a account from a former assistant coach there:

"Vonda called a player a ( female Dog, you figure it out) in 2015. She was taken to task for that along with a lot of other instances of verbal abuse. After losing in the district tourney and getting the runner up trophy, she threw the trophy and said " I don't want no (bad word) runner up trophy in front of a lot of people including kids"

Now I don't like runner up trophys myself, but if you have been warned and warned........

My advice to her would be to just drop it and move on. The have documentation and all the assistants think she made it longer than anyone thought. And she has her word only vs the powers that be who have publically stated that her word "is a bold face lie".

• 4 years later...