Pleasure Ridge Park 6 Simon Kenton 5 (Whitaker Bank/KHSAA State Championship)

hoops5

How did it bite Campbell County? Why sit around all day in a hotel room when you can be at home and be comfortable.

Ummmmm wake up, take batting practice, have practice at a local high school. Other teams did that. Yeah and sitting on a two hour bus ride is so much better. I wasn't in favor of it last year and not in favor of bus rides at 2 am when the KHSAA supplies you with hotels and practice options.

The problem with SK staying over night is the same problem and why Scott HS never stayed over night at the sweet sixteen. It is KCSB policy to have two administrators accompany the team and have an adult chaperone in each room. I do believe Scott got to spend the night after their loss in the semi's but no time before that.

The problem with SK staying over night is the same problem and why Scott HS never stayed over night at the sweet sixteen. It is KCSB policy to have two administrators accompany the team and have an adult chaperone in each room. I do believe Scott got to spend the night after their loss in the semi's but no time before that.

Scott's baseball team did spend the night in Lexington the night before their semi-final game, as well as the night after. Kenton County teams often spend nights away for competitions. Basketball teams do it, and the wrestling teams do it a couple times a year.

Scott's baseball team did spend the night in Lexington the night before their semi-final game, as well as the night after. Kenton County teams often spend nights away for competitions. Basketball teams do it, and the wrestling teams do it a couple times a year.

Doesn't change the constraints put on them by the school board. It can be done it just takes more organization and money.

Doesn't change the constraints put on them by the school board. It can be done it just takes more organization and money.

It absolutely can be done, and it's not all that difficult to do. Blaming it on the school board is a weak excuse. The only thing preventing a team from staying overnight, is that they don't want to.

From my understanding, the state does not provide the rooms. They will book them for the teams but the schools have to foot the bill for all of the rooms.

The KHSAA does pay for a portion of the rooms. It's not a big chunk of change they give, but they do give something.

The KHSAA does pay for a portion of the rooms. It's not a big chunk of change they give, but they do give something.

Again, that goes back to the school or athletic department footing the bill for transportation, rooms, and food. Not a cheap trip but if I am administration, this is a good way to recognize a team for what they have accomplished. Nice for the kids to get to take in the full experience but understandable that some schools and districts just can't afford to do it.

This whole discussion is a mute point. The fact of the matter is that the Simon Kenton players and coaches elected not to stay. They did not want to do anything different than they had done before every game. i.e. wear the same socks and underwear. LOL!!! Rid this of a conspiracy theory or being cheap or anything else. Strictly superstition and everyone was on board. I know. I have a kid on the team. End of topic.

This whole discussion is a mute point. The fact of the matter is that the Simon Kenton players and coaches elected not to stay. They did not want to do anything different than they had done before every game. i.e. wear the same socks and underwear. LOL!!! Rid this of a conspiracy theory or being cheap or anything else. Strictly superstition and everyone was on board. I know. I have a kid on the team. End of topic.

I would agree. Staying or not staying isn't that big of a deal in my opinion. It's not a horrible trip from Independence to Whitaker Bank Stadium.