President Trump on Being POTUS

Clyde

Interesting comments this week.

President Trump said he thought being POTUS would be easier than his previous job. I guess that explains the "I know more about ISIS than the generals" comment among others.

Also said our system of govt is archaic and bad for the country.

Do others agree that our form of govt is bad for the country?

For discussion purposes, let's assume he wasn't talking about partisanship. That's obviously a problem. He was talking about the system itself i.e. the POTUS can't just ram through things he/she wants.

Interesting comments this week.

President Trump said he thought being POTUS would be easier than his previous job. I guess that explains the "I know more about ISIS than the generals" comment among others.

Also said our system of govt is archaic and bad for the country.

Do others agree that our form of govt is bad for the country?

For discussion purposes, let's assume he wasn't talking about partisanship. That's obviously a problem. He was talking about the system itself i.e. the POTUS can't just ram through things he/she wants.

Did he say that or are you putting words into his mouth?

Fox News tweeted it out. I'll see if I can find the video.

President Donald Trump said Friday that he now knows why Washington is gridlocked: "archaic rules."

"It's a very rough system," the president told Martha MacCallum of Fox News. "It's an archaic system.

"You look at the rules of the Senate, even the rules of the House. It's really a bad thing for the country. Archaic rules.

"You can't go through a process like this. It's not fair. It forces you to make bad decisions.

"You're forced into doing things that you would normally not do except for these archaic rules."

Trump Rips 'Archaic Rules' for DC Gridlock

President Donald Trump said Friday that he now knows why Washington is gridlocked: "archaic rules."

"It's a very rough system," the president told Martha MacCallum of Fox News. "It's an archaic system.

"You look at the rules of the Senate, even the rules of the House. It's really a bad thing for the country. Archaic rules.

"You can't go through a process like this. It's not fair. It forces you to make bad decisions.

"You're forced into doing things that you would normally not do except for these archaic rules."

Trump Rips 'Archaic Rules' for DC Gridlock

He was talking about the filibuster rules. He is right.

"I think the filibuster concept is not a good concept to start out with," Trump told MacCallum.

"If you're going to filibuster, let somebody stand up for 20 hours and talk and do what they have to do, even if they are reading comic books to everybody, let them do it."

He was talking about the filibuster rules. He is right.

"I think the filibuster concept is not a good concept to start out with," Trump told MacCallum.

"If you're going to filibuster, let somebody stand up for 20 hours and talk and do what they have to do, even if they are reading comic books to everybody, let them do it."

Sure, he did mention filibuster. No chance he was ONLY talking about that. I don't have to be expert cartographer to read the map: He and his team have not been able to get anything passed. They have no one on staff that knows how to work the hill. None of his campaign promises have come close to being met. He needs a fall guy.

He chose the Constitution to blame.

I think he could have Henry Clay working for him and would struggle to get anything substantive passed...a lot of people working together against him. President Trump may be the chosen one, he is bringing balance to the force as both sides are lining up against him...at least behind the scenes they seem to be.

I think he could have Henry Clay working for him and would struggle to get anything substantive passed...a lot of people working together against him. President Trump may be the chosen one, he is bringing balance to the force as both sides are lining up against him...at least behind the scenes they seem to be.

Are they lining up against HIM or against bad policy?

He came in thinking he could will Congress into going along with him. He has no one who has ever passed a bill before. He's learning a hard lesson.

He came in thinking he could will Congress into going along with him. He has no one who has ever passed a bill before. He's learning a hard lesson.

We will see.

I have zero confidence in Congress doing anything for the well being of the American people. President Trump has made mistakes but he's not been as bad a many think or would like to hope. I agree that he needs more experienced "players" in the White House...but it's been 100 days, still way too early to judge what he will or will not accomplish. The constant hand wringing by both sides is almost laughable.

President Trump is in a no win situation with many.

If he struggles to get anything passed they criticize him for inaction, even though would oppose anything he get's passed.

If he gets something passed they are completely opposed to it and would fail to give him credit for getting something passed.

To be honest those that struggle to get their head around a Trump Presidency, were never going to give him a chance and look every day for undotted i's and uncrossed t's just to say I told you so.

President Trump is in a no win situation with many.

If he struggles to get anything passed they criticize him for inaction, even though would oppose anything he get's passed.

If he gets something passed they are completely opposed to it and would fail to give him credit for getting something passed.

To be honest those that struggle to get their head around a Trump Presidency, were never going to give him a chance and look every day for undotted i's and uncrossed t's just to say I told you so.

I have zero reason to give him a chance but he can win me over. Granted if he wins me over you'll be mad but he can win me over.

Isn't Congress controlled by republicans?