President Trump on Being POTUS

Clyde

I have zero reason to give him a chance but he can win me over. Granted if he wins me over you'll be mad but he can win me over.

Isn't Congress controlled by republicans?

You think I'll be mad, but I think he could win you over and we'd both be happy...I'm not devil_smiley_061.gif after all, we don't disagree on everything. :lol2:

You think I'll be mad, but I think he could win you over and we'd both be happy...I'm not devil_smiley_061.gif after all, we don't disagree on everything. :lol2:

We have two different political and social perspectives. There's no way he could win me over without making you mad. :D

We have two different political and social perspectives. There's no way he could win me over without making you mad. :D

Well I'll stick with we aren't as different as you think. It's hard on here to nuance positions sometimes, but I think if we sat down and just hung out we are more similar than you think. We have had different experiences but that doesn't mean we are fundamentally different. Throw out the ®s and (D)s and I'll guarantee we could find more common ground than you think.

Well I'll stick with we aren't as different as you think. It's hard on here to nuance positions sometimes, but I think if we sat down and just hung out we are more similar than you think. We have had different experiences but that doesn't mean we are fundamentally different. Throw out the ®s and (D)s and I'll guarantee we could find more common ground than you think.

I'm very sure we have common ground as well. I can guarantee it. I'm more or less giving credence to your belief that Trump can't win with some people(hand raised) and that in order for him to win me over he'd pretty much have to become Obama. :D

I'm very sure we have common ground as well. I can guarantee it. I'm more or less giving credence to your belief that Trump can't win with some people(hand raised) and that in order for him to win me over he'd pretty much have to become Obama. :D

I gotcha. To be fair no President will ever win you over if you just compare them to President Obama. :lol2:

I gotcha. To be fair no President will ever win you over if you just compare them to President Obama. :lol2:

I think it will be very hard for any POTUS to win me over like Obama has but I am always open for business and willing to be won over by the right person. :D

I have zero confidence in Congress doing anything for the well being of the American people. President Trump has made mistakes but he's not been as bad a many think or would like to hope. I agree that he needs more experienced "players" in the White House...but it's been 100 days, still way too early to judge what he will or will not accomplish. The constant hand wringing by both sides is almost laughable.

Taking a purely cynical view the Rs would support ANYTHING out of the WH that made their base happy becasue it would help secure future votes.

We agree about 100 days however the President laid out some guarantees for what he would have done in 100 days so he set the bar.

Interesting comments by President Trump regarding the Civil War. Wondered why it started. Said President Jackson was very angry about it during the Civil War.

He may have been angry over having been dead for 16 years but those could be alternative facts.

Interesting comments by President Trump regarding the Civil War. Wondered why it started. Said President Jackson was very angry about it during the Civil War.

He may have been angry over having been dead for 16 years but those could be alternative facts.

It appears he got off track when comparing his campaign to Jackson. He might have been referring to the way Andrew Jackson reigned in Calhoun and South Carolina during his term and prevented the talk of secession then. But he does get lost when he says:

"I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little later, you wouldn't have had the Civil War. He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart. He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War. He said, 'There's no reason for this.' People don't realize, you know, the Civil War, you think about it, why? People don't ask that question, but why was there the Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?"

My guess is he knows so little about history he got lost in it.

Trump questions why the Civil War could 'not have been worked out' - ABC News

I have zero reason to give him a chance but he can win me over. Granted if he wins me over you'll be mad but he can win me over.

You would think but after seeing the new budget just passed, you have to wonder. How does THAT budget get passed with the R's in control. Total joke. As I have said numerous times, MANY R's in congress would have rather had HRC win than Trump. Now I just heard that this budget just passed was in large part negotiated before Trump became President and that the important budget will be this September. I am very skeptical. The R's in Congress are basically saying the establishment is more important to them than Trump's agenda.

I do not blame Trump for anything the last 100 days. His team has made some mistakes...no doubt... but every new administration does and he has never held office so I get that. What I don't have any patience for is the total ineffectiveness of the Ryan and McConnell in helping Trump at all. Besides getting Gorsuch confirmed, I cannot think of anything they have done to help Trump. Trump is truly on an island right now.

Embarrassing, to say the least.

Yep, and many Rep's are, fortunately or unfortunately depending on what side one is on, actively working against him and his agenda/platform.

In doing so they are also working against what many in the voting public wanted (within their own party mind you), which is why they voted for Trump in the first place. It's a freaking mess on the hill right now.

Since the election, I have seen many bemoan the disarray of the Democratic party. I would venture to say that both parties are in disarry. Echoing the earlier posts, many entrenched Republicans, McConnell among them are survivors, and they are not going to go out on a limb, and in fact have their own survivor agenda.

Unfortunately, we voters have had few reasonable choices for a long time.

After 41 years in private industry, I have spent the last year..and it WILL be my last one, in government....state government. Although I am not a huge fan of Trump, I can sympathize with any sentiments about government when trying to drive change. On one hand, it is designed that way, to prevent too rapid a change one way or the other....that is an inherent benefit in the long term. On the other hand, government begats more government. I can identify millions, if not billions of wasted dollars on government plans that keep expanding in and of themselves without any regards to their performance towards their expected benefits. To change these plans however requires changes in legislations, then suddenly the media is all over how NAMEIT is taking away this, or eliminating this without any regards to the fact that the money was not well spent in the first place. Frankly, our only hope is a Trump-like character who cares not a bit what people think about him, has no long term political ambitions, and just wants to fix things. And if they weren't broken, we wouldn't be running up trillions of dollars of deficits and sitting on a stagnant GDP. I would think some day we are going to have to pay our bills.