Chip Gregg out at Holy Cross?

Please do tell us what a strong guy like Jimmy Ryan could do for Holy Cross? The AD at Holy Cross is far from weak. You won't find more people with better work ethic. And her record as AD is that of a strong one. She is and always has been about the kids. Shame on you for implying otherwise.

Back to the thread if we must. Good Luck to the girls on the HC softball team. And best wishes to Chip. IMO, HC lost a good one!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can be for the kids all day long. Who is against the kids? Not Meeks, not Gregg, not the football coach or baseball coach or AD-so I don't understand that point. What is true is that bringing in Gregg was handled poorly, and his departure as well. I know many AD's and I do not consider HC's "strong". Why do you???

Maybe Meeks is for the kids, I would agrue that he is not about the softball program. 5 years going 55-96 with no District championship and the talent he has had makes me feel it was time for him to step aside. I would have made that same decision as an AD with as many complaints the school has endured about the softball program. I know kids who decided not to play due to Meeks. But that's going to happen. It was time for a change. Results will show... record with Chip at the helm this year, 9-6. With the move, now 1-4. Just sad for the girls. Weak parenting and whining to a higher authority is a result of a missed opportunity for HC. Not much your AD can do when given no support. But good for you and your softball program, sounds like you got what you wanted. We are all moving on!

As far as a definition of strong; too many to list but I will mention one impressive stat - 5 state championships, multiple District Championships, Region Championship and State contenders in swimming and track for a small school in Latonia is very strong. Sure coaching and talent ranks as a high reason however, you don't get there alone and the AD is appreciated for all the support.

Hmmmmm, you speak of the records, but take a look at the strength of schedule early on in the year and the most recent games. Seems the teams played now versus the start of the season may have something with your win/loss comparison. One that stands out the most is a 11-1 loss on 3/30 to Dayton, and then a 8-5 win against Dayton on 5/8, which most on here have said Dayton is much improved. So while yes there may be more wins early on I ask that you take a look at the records of those schools that were played.

Also there seem to be some other credible losses lately. So what some are missing here is that the move may have been for the overall betterment of the "girls" on the team. Haven't seem them play so I may be wrong, but by looking at the most recent results seems the change has done some good. Also, from what I am hearing is that games that were dropped with conference and district schools are now attempted to be made up after the coach that we just removed had dropped those games to play other opponents.

Did the principal call the AD and say you have no say in this matter? Did the principal call the coach to fire him and the coach asked for a face to face meeting with the principal, Meeks and Kozerski and the principal turned that offer down? That's the rumor. If that is true how is that on the AD? If the football coach is making all the sports decisions by running straight to the principal I have a hard time blaming the AD.