Chip Gregg out at Holy Cross?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had dealings with Holy Cross administration and it was just odd and different. My understanding is that Holy Cross wants to go in a different direction with their program.

What's odd is the old coach was kinda pushed aside to bring Chip in. Something is weird about the situation. I can imagine Chip's style would be to push hard for success. Was that just too aggressive for where the program is at this time?

What's odd is the old coach was kinda pushed aside to bring Chip in. Something is weird about the situation. I can imagine Chip's style would be to push hard for success. Was that just too aggressive for where the program is at this time?

Bingo!

Hard to change a bad culture when folks don't want it changed. Obvious that HC is not interested in a culture change.

Isn't it possible that they are interested in "a" culture change, but this wasn't "the" change that they wanted to represent their school ?

Does HC have the right to determine what they want that culture to portray to their students and community ?

Not sure that this is an HC problem......

In the last few years they have lost out on Freedom Fogt and now Chip Gregg b/c of the wishes of a teacher's husband with zero prior softball experience and the football coach. Kind of sad. Those 2 would have been really good long term answers there.

Isn't it possible that they are interested in "a" culture change, but this wasn't "the" change that they wanted to represent their school ?

Does HC have the right to determine what they want that culture to portray to their students and community ?

Not sure that this is an HC problem......

I would argue HC has no clue what kind of culture they want. Its very evident in their other programs as well.

I've known Chip for 30 plus years, as we were both hired at the old St. Francis/St. George Hospital in Cincinnati to play on their travel softball team and we both went on to play on several other travel teams together.

I've known Lee Meeks for the past 8-9 years since my involvement with NewCath softball.

I consider both of them good friends, and have told both the circumstances of the firing and hiring is between them and I'm NOT picking sides, that's between them. Both know the game and have different styles of coaching, as is the difference with every coach.

Why was Freedom Fogt (who's daughter and mine have played on the same travel team in the past), Lee Meeks, and now Chip Gregg let go from the Cross????? None of us on this board really know, we can ONLY speculate. I feel bad for the players having to go through this.

Edited by Lawnboy13