Mercer Co. @ Newport Predictions

jrider111

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict neither team will score 30 points. Just like Mercers coach said, its a battle of Size and power vs speed and we'll just have to wait and see which one wins out.

I will be alot of fun to see how the coaching staffs adjust to each other early on. Will Newport have a big crowd?

The one point that I have yet to see on this thread is Mercer's defense. I have watched them play 3 games this year and yes the have tremendous speed, but another huge thing is how fast and physical their defense is. I believe that Boyle may be the best offense they face all season and they totally shut their run game down and made them very one dimensional. Now I am taking nothing away from anyone but I find it hard to believe that there are going to be too many teams put more than that on the board against Mercer, which means you will have to hold their offense to under 14 (not going to happen). Defense wins championships and Mercer's defense is the best that I have seen. Is Coach Jaggers still calling both the offense and defense?

The one point that I have yet to see on this thread is Mercer's defense. I have watched them play 3 games this year and yes the have tremendous speed, but another huge thing is how fast and physical their defense is. I believe that Boyle may be the best offense they face all season and they totally shut their run game down and made them very one dimensional. Now I am taking nothing away from anyone but I find it hard to believe that there are going to be too many teams put more than that on the board against Mercer, which means you will have to hold their offense to under 14 (not going to happen). Defense wins championships and Mercer's defense is the best that I have seen. Is Coach Jaggers still calling both the offense and defense?

Sounds to me like the Championship is in the bag.

Must not have seen my posts...........Heres one

I think this could be a defensive battle. The game could end up with a score of 7-0. I don't think it is going to be a very high scoring game, if it is it could be a long night for Newport.

Coach Jaggers, the father, not the son (his son Josh joined the staff in the summer) is still calling the offense, and the defensive coordinating has been handed to Bill Mason (former Nelson County H/C) and Keith Brown (longtime Harrodsburg assistant/coordinator).