Mercer Co. @ Newport Predictions

jrider111

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many bleachers does Newport have on the visitors side? Do us Titan fans need to bring our lawn chairs? We have been averaging about 3,000 fans per game (give or take a little).

Newport only has one side, but the stands are huge. I don't think Mercer will quite have 3000 people there, at Casey game, I bet there was less than 1000. In the past when we went to Newport, we were lucky to have 150 fans. 300 or 400 at Newport would be a unbelievable showing.

Not saying that Newport will win, but they have beaten Mercer 4 years in a row.:D

They may have won last year but it was hard fought out game. I called back T/D and a Mercer interception that was called a grounded ball was the difference in that game. But then that's high school football

Not saying that Newport will win, but they have beaten Mercer 4 years in a row.:D

Yeah mercer got beat. but newport is gonna have a whole new problem with mercers speed. mercer is to fast in and outside the tackles for newport. plus it was LUCK that beat mercer last year.

I don't think it was luck that Newport won last year. They were one point from winning the state championship.

That's just the way the ball bounces. Turnovers are a huge part of the game. That's why they are included in the box scores. But, both teams will look entirely different from last years teams. Especially Mercer. They aren't the scotties. They are the Titans. They aren't worried about whether you Remember the Titans. They want to make sure you never Forget the Titans. I hear Denzel will be on the Mercer sideline. Just kidding.

Even though it sounds like Mercer has very good team speed and an excellent candidate for POY in their region..not sure of his name. I still think Newport pulls this out on their home Turf. Hesch is a great leader and will keep the offense on the field.

The turf could be their worst enemy. I'm not saying it will. But,they can't miss tackles in the secondary. Mercer will be in their secondary all night. I wouldn't say that Mercer has very good team speed, I would say it's awesome. No exaggeration there. The problem Newport will face is shutting down all their backs. I don't know if they can. Newport needs to hope for a track meet in my opinion.

I don't think it was luck that Newport won last year. They were one point from winning the state championship.

It was to luck Mercer had the game won. but some how the reciever LUCKILY the receiver stayed inbounds. we thought the play was dead.

It was to luck Mercer had the game won. but some how the reciever LUCKILY the receiver stayed inbounds. we thought the play was dead.

Could not of agreed more. A touchdown called back which was a bad call and a interception caught by Mercer's secondary that they called a dead ball was the difference in that game